sharetrader
Page 148 of 566 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    No arm wrestle - just needs one player to join the fray and it's 61 cents.

NZS all over again.
    Good call - onwards and upwards.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    2 big sellers of about 400k in that 1.2 mil, will definitely be the hump to get over. Bit of an arm wrestle developing.
    They are gone now so up and up she hopefully goes !

A question. If Agria are buying more PGW shares, who's selling it to them?
    Will it be PGC selling their lot, shareholders like us, or both?
    I'm not familiar with this takeover thing. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    A question. If Agria are buying more PGW shares, who's selling it to them?
    Will it be PGC selling their lot, shareholders like us, or both?
    I'm not familiar with this takeover thing. Cheers.
    The offer will allow PGW shareholders other than Agria to sell up to 38.3 per
    cent of their holding into the offer. Furthermore, shareholders can lodge
    additional acceptances for any further shares they wish to sell. If the total
    number of shares tendered in the offer exceeds the 235.0 million being
    sought, then scaling will apply. The offer is conditional on Agria obtaining
    a 50.01 per cent shareholding and on relevant regulatory approvals including
    New Zealand Overseas Investment Office and approval by the relevant
    authorities in China.

The takeover offer document is expected to be sent to all PGW shareholders in
    late January 2011.

Yeah, should have been in boots and all at 54 cents, crikey its easy with hindsight isn't it.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yeah, should have been in boots and all at 54 cents, crikey its easy with hindsight isn't it.
    With foresight I still do not see it.You could be left with 61.7% of shares brought.Should the SP far back to the 48cents it was, there is no money to be made.
    Remember a long term shareholding is often a short term one that did not work out right.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With foresight I still do not see it.You could be left with 61.7% of shares brought.Should the SP far back to the 48cents it was, there is no money to be made.
    Remember a long term shareholding is often a short term one that did not work out right.!!!
    Percy, I think the way the Chineese are talking about restructuring and opening up access to China for PGW will be a good thing. From a long term perspective this company has a truly appalling track record and therefore deserves to be taken over, (if anyone's in need of a quick refresher, just bring up the chart for the last five years), its badly in need of some hard core restructuring and serious cost cutting, so I'm not afraid to be left with some or most of my shares purchased this morning.

Who's next for the Chineese NZO ? LOL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Percy, I think the way the Chineese are talking about restructuring and opening up access to China for PGW will be a good thing. From a long term perspective this company has a truly appalling track record and therefore deserves to be taken over, (if anyone's in need of a quick refresher, just bring up the chart for the last five years), its badly in need of some hard core restructuring and serious cost cutting, so I'm not afraid to be left with some or most of my shares purchased this morning.

Who's next for the Chineese NZO ? LOL
    For anybody buying for the long term I agree with you.I also think it is very positive that George Gould has been appointed MD.From a personel view I am disappointed that New Zealander's are letting control go overseas,however as you correctly point out we have badly miss-managed this company.How you can put so many good companies[Dalgety.NMA,Reid farmers,PGG,Fruitfed,Williams and Kettle,Wrightsphensons,etc] together and still get it wrong does not say much for NZ directors,or management.
    Last edited by percy; 24-12-2010 at 02:07 PM.

60c is definitely not acceptiable, i definitely will not sell my one at this price.

Easy, Root - NZ investors are the most short-sighted and nervous of any investors in the world - one third spook out of shares at the first sign of short term negatives and then, half bail out when an offer is made after the sp has been trashed by the first third!

That's why there's fewer and fewer NZ owned listed companies every year.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.