sharetrader
Page 217 of 566 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 5655
    Advanced Member

PGW has been flat lining for the past 3 years .. I have been in when i thought as so many do .. It has to change.. This is the time...

Got out quickly..

Agria is not an NZX company.. So .. Agrarinvester .. Why the enthusiastic PUMPING of Agria ??

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    PGW has been flat lining for the past 3 years .. I have been in when i thought as so many do .. It has to change.. This is the time...

Got out quickly..

Agria is not an NZX company.. So .. Agrarinvester .. Why the enthusiastic PUMPING of Agria ??
    I am from Germany. My reason why i have shares of Agria is because i have a different point of view. I try to understand the balance sheet like most of you,
    and my interpretion was that there will not be
    - a big loss for the fiscal year 2012
    - there will be no impact in the balance sheet because of the flat shareprice of PGW

it comes out that both asumptions are true. That raise the question if an Idiot like me can come to that conclusion,
    why have the experts a different understanding. Everybody talks about a potential bankrupty of Agria. Why ? Are all the others Idiots, and i am the genius or do they have an interest that Agrias and PGWs shareprice declines ? I don't know. Maybe they are looking for a cheaper entry point, or they are shortsellers .
    I have learned that it is very difficult to buy for the lowest price and that shortselling can be vey dangerous for these experts.
    Most investors think that Agria is a bad investment, if these debt questions are solved and AGRIA comes out with good news about their domestic market,
    the shareprice will go through the roof. The market cap is still only 50 millions and they own half of PGW plus their chines market.

The only point what makes me worry is that Alain Lai own round about 70% of Agria, he can do what he want with Agria. That is a big problem if he is someone who wants to fool us. But i was not able to detect anykind of misconduct. Hopefully he is a honest man. And there is more than hope, there is the point of reputation. I think the management is trying hard to win back there reputation and we can count on their biggest investment. I can not imagine that they do anything what damage the brand name of PGW.

Here are some answers i got from investor relation:
    30.oct
    >>If there was a material development it would be disclosed to holders. In terms of the point on potentially selling shares of PGW, this
    currently remains a long-term strategic investment for Agria which we plan to continue working together on to help build value for PGW,
    Agria and our shareholders.<<

12.oct
    >>During the next month you have to renew a lot of debt. Is it possible that AGRIA have problems with the banks ?
    [ Debt was related to PGG Wrightson investment. There is no issue
    anticipated with the company's bank syndicate. ]

And the answer from Alain Lai:
    At PGW’s annual shareholders meeting in Auckland today, Agria chairman Alan Lai – also a PGW director up for re-election – was asked to reassure shareholders about his firm’s financial health. He said twice there was “zero chance” of Agria being put into receivership

Mr Lai owns 70% of AGRIA and has earnde 80 million during the IPO. I think he has the power and the wish that Agria will succeed.

I don't want to spam this board to much with my Agria related stuff, but if someone argument against Agria i feel the need to respond, because i own 30.000 shares of them.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Please feel the need to respond on a thread called "Agria" and not a thread called "PGW". I would rather this thread not bog down into the affairs of a shareholder in PGW where much of the discussion is unrelated to the earnings and balance sheet of PGW.

If there isn't a thread called Agria, perhaps you might draw your own conclusions, or more optimistically, perhaps start one in the international stocks thread.
    Sparky, Agria has a small business in China related to corn which earns no money within rounding error. Agria is in effect the US listing vehicle for PGW and Agria controls the destiny of PGW through their 50.22% shareholding. I submit that the affairs of Agria are in fact critical to the future of the control of PGW, and that is highly relevant to PGW shareholders.

The fact that the balance sheet of PGW via the dividend policy of PGW are under the control of Agria I would have thought means that what Agria does is the most important driving factor in PGWs future. I sympathize with you not wanting this thread cluttered up with matters not related to PGW shareholders. I would suggest that that if Agria was renamed 'PGW NYSE' then you would not be complaining.

The fact that to all intents and purposes Agria is 'PGW NYSE' is I think something you should reflect on.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

As per other posters I am keen to follow the future prospects of PGW.Are management making the right discissions? Is the weather right for them etc/?
    However, as a shareholder who would possibly increase his holding, I find one must keep an eye on what the major shareholder is doing.I therefore want to record my thanks to SNOOPY and Agrainvestor for their full and frank postings.Although they drive me mad at times, I appreciate the time and trouble they take to share their thoughts with us.I have learnt a lot from their postings.
    Last edited by percy; 31-10-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    As per other posters I am keen to follow the future prospects of PGW.Are management making the right discissions? Is the weather right for them etc/?
    However, as a shareholder who would possibly increase his holding, I find one must keep an eye on what the major shareholder is doing.I therefore want to record my thanks to SNOOPY and Agrainvestor for their full and frank postings.Although they drive me mad at times, I appreciate the time and trouble they take to share their thoughts with us.I have learnt a lot from their postings.
    Hear! Hear!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am totally with you on this one Percy.
    Last edited by iceman; 01-11-2012 at 07:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Yes nice one Percy,you always have that sound and grounded response with some in depth knowledge of the company you are talking about.Is there any chance we could get you on the board of some of these companies.

[QUOTE=percy;384349]As per other posters I am keen to follow the future prospects of PGW.Are management making the right discissions? Is the weather right for them etc/?

Perhaps an answer to your second question Percy, for what its worth http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7887...hot-dry-summer (Kiwis in for a hot, dry summer).

I note the forecast is from Niwa and they said the same thing this time last year Any campers will tell you they were wrong

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    I stand corrected then! (Bows humbly and takes two steps back).

Back to PGW then - the price of 34c looks very attractive. If they are good for a reinstated 2c dividend next year, then they represent a gross yield of 8.15%.

I am sorely tempted to try some opportunistic buying at this level.

I wouldn't expect you to take two steps back,as I always enjoy your posts and contributions,except your report on ABA AGM which was hopeless.!!!!
    ps.Agree with you 34cents looks very attractive,
    Last edited by percy; 01-11-2012 at 08:49 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
    Yes nice one Percy,you always have that sound and grounded response with some in depth knowledge of the company you are talking about.Is there any chance we could get you on the board of some of these companies.
    Now that would be fun.Sharing a bit of inside information with my friends on sharetrader.