sharetrader
Page 265 of 566 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Not all rain is the same.

Whats the diff you say

For a farmer this is great rain cause it is warm rain.

It sounds crazy but warm rain does not drop the temperature of the ground as quick as cold rain.

Ground temperature is the holy grail to farmers and rain coming from cold winds(southerly) is alot colder so when it hits the ground the ground temperature can plummit slowing and in some case's stopping grass/ crop growth.

ps when it come's to any share price of any company it is driven by sentiment, fear and greed and lastly fundimental......
    Warm rain sometimes a problem with facial ezcema

The red line going up in these charts
    http://www.asurequality.co.nz/resour...ema/fe1314.pdf

Guru

Not much to cheer about here...I sold out at 42c when the sell triggers went off and I'm still out.
    The NZX is in a 4year old bull market...an old saying goes ..."a rising tide raises all boats" ...so I guess PGW is a submarine.

The only highlight is the bullish FAIL at 36c at the S&R/trend line juncture...theoretically this can be a jump in point to buy but sadly this pull back to 37c has evaporated that opportunity.

The good news is PGW long term seems to have bottomed out at 29 and is in an uptrend....the bad news is it is in a short term secondary downtrend, has lost recent momentum and testing its uptrend support at 37c threatening the primary uptrend....so PGW is at a critical area.... a drop below 37 might not be a complete worry but a drop below 36 would confirm that the 9 month primary uptrend could be over and a longer term downtrend established. (lower low lower high).

An easy share to apply stops with as it responds to its numerous supports and resistance areas...(not all the S&R lines are drawn on the chart below)

Last edited by Hoop; 21-04-2013 at 06:59 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Not much to cheer about here...I sold out at 42c when the sell triggers went off and I'm still out.
    The NZX is in a 4year old bull market...an old saying goes ..."a rising tide raises all boats" ...so I guess PGW is a submarine.

The only highlight is the bullish FAIL at 36c at the S&R/trend line juncture...theoretically this can be a jump in point to buy but sadly this pull back to 37c has evaporated that opportunity.

The good news is PGW long term seems to have bottomed out at 29 and is in an uptrend....the bad news is it is in a short term secondary downtrend, has lost recent momentum and testing its uptrend support at 37c threatening the primary uptrend....so PGW is at a critical area.... a drop below 37 might not be a complete worry but a drop below 36 would confirm that the 9 month primary uptrend could be over and a longer term downtrend established. (lower low lower high).

An easy share to apply stops with as it responds to its numerous supports and resistance areas...(not all the S&R lines are drawn on the chart below)

Hoop as always thank you for your chart and commentary.
    37cents looks very important.I note on Yahoo chart the 200 day moving average is moving higher which I take as a positive.I also note there is buying support at 37cents.In fact nearly 700,000 wanted by 25 buyers, while the lonely seller at 38cents has only 5,308 shares for sale.I deduct from this that the buying support is stronger.
    Last edited by percy; 21-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    37cents looks very important.I note on Yahoo chart the 200 day moving average is moving higher which I take as a positive.I also note there is buying support at 37cents.In fact nearly 700,000 wanted by 25 buyers, while the lonely seller at 38cents has only 5,308 shares for sale.I deduct from this that the buying support is stronger.
    Yep..you are correct.. the depth table below shows strong support (buyer) as of the close on Friday

I said in my post ..."An easy share to apply stops with as it responds to its numerous supports and resistance areas"...I love it when stocks behave according to textbook TA..it make investment life so much easier...
    Notice how the depth S&R prices are similar to the charts S&R lines...Textbook TA at work .. theory and practice agree as they should but often don't

36c is the support line on the chart..the large numbers of buyers shown on the depth table above confirms that the 36 support line is very strong
    37c is the primary trend line on the chart... shown on the depth table above has more strength than the support 36 line
    40c is the Resistance line on the chart..the numbers of sellers (15) shown on the depth table above confirms this is a strong resistance point

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    .......Will spend the big wednesday money topping up this week as my infinite probability machine say PGW rather than the 15m.
    If I see PGW gap up from 37c to 55c next Thursday I'll say it is due a "Belgarion Effect" ,,,then watch them run and google what it means..eh

Oh to save time...lets Google "Belgarion Effect" now...............Hmmm no hits on Google...Hey Belg you could make history Thursday
    Last edited by Hoop; 21-04-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Is animal feed part of the PGW's business? If yes, then this would be good news to PGW then?
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...s-despite-rain

Hi Bowman. Yes, they supply feed for sure. Apart from a huge number of CORSON corn seed fields scattered around NZ, they also do the cow favourite, Palm Kernel Extract (PKE). From the looks of things... feed's been in high demand and depending on the winter feed growth, the current lack of winter feed on farmer's property, there will be more demand for additional feed from suppliers. A bumper year in that regard in NZ. Fingers crossed

Agria sp is soaring with huge volume before tomorrow annual meeting in HK, investors must see value in it?

DuPont result reinforces the theory that the drought is bad for the farmers, but good for PGW.

"Sales in DuPont's agricultural business rose 14 percent in the first quarter as the worst dry spell in decades encouraged U.S. farmers to buy its drought-hardy seeds and crop-protection products to boost yields."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...ssNews&rpc=408

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Nice for them, but of course it could be "corporate" action rather than investors finding value.
    if shares buy-back triggered should be announcement on market like nzx?

I am still hoping that a few of you will join the success Story of Agria before it is to late. Shareholder Equity is still 364 Million US Dollar. Market Capitalisation far below at 66 Million. Buy now! Keep in mind that Agria is the controlling shareholder of PGW and it is very likely that Agria will get more advantage on any kind of kollabaration betwenn AGRIA and PGW.