sharetrader
Page 340 of 566 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5655
    Banned

Meanwhile Lamb wool prices jump to a 4 year high just to add a bit of balance to the pessimists.Hey Master98 those sheep in those images look in pretty good nick and i should know ive handled enough of them over the years

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    beefs and lambs suffered from [IMG]http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/webkit-fake-
    Have to be the biggest fattest drought starved sheep I have ever seen.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Good comment Percy. Going off the rain radar time lapse imaging on the Metservice site yesterday much of the North Island got a good drink yesterday.
    Virtually the entire North Island got another really good drink overnight...drought breaker for the vast majority of farmers in the North Island.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Virtually the entire North Island got another really good drink overnight...drought breaker for the vast majority of farmers in the North Island.
    Yep, grass is definitely looking much greener today.

Investor

Inching close to that 50c mark slowly, should expect good results for the year I think , are you still in Roger on this one?
    Last edited by sb9; 29-04-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Inching close to that 50c mark slowly, should expect good results for the year I think , are you still in Roger on this one?
    Yep mate I am fairly relaxed with this stock...arguably the best diversified agri exposure with a compelling fully imputed dividend yield and undemanding PE ratio. In a market that looks very fully priced I think this is a very good hold. Depending upon annual results and outlook in due course I might double-down on this one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-04-2015 at 11:03 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    I'm trying to find a nzx listed stock that has as negative of a correlation coefficient with PGW as possible.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Suggest you look at PEB or WDT. Once you have found them,come home to PGW. lol.

So how does everyone think the continuing dairy slowdown will impact this share? At the moment an incredible P/E ratio with a strong DIV. But is this likely to change?

I'm not in at the moment but am considering, it just looks a little too good to be true...
    ... or has it just been overlooked by others?

Missed by that much

PGW are stock and station agents. They sell agriculture equipment, but do not have a big association with dairy. Most of their clients are sheep and beef which are both doing quite well. Even when dairy farmers are having a bad spell they still need to keep fences repaired, electric fence units working, feed their dogs, have wet weather gear etc.

Overall the dairy down turn is bad news for dairy farmers, but should have little effect on PGW, Farmlands, RD1 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    PGW are stock and station agents. They sell agriculture equipment, but do not have a big association with dairy. Most of their clients are sheep and beef which are both doing quite well. Even when dairy farmers are having a bad spell they still need to keep fences repaired, electric fence units working, feed their dogs, have wet weather gear etc.

Overall the dairy down turn is bad news for dairy farmers, but should have little effect on PGW, Farmlands, RD1 etc.
    Thanks Jantar, I have been trying to figure out how deep the link between them was. Assuming that at a macro level what is bad for one (dairy) likely impacts the other (sheep and beef), as I'm sure the profits (or lack of) from one industry mobilise into the others.

When I was down in the deep south recently for a holiday driving from Queenstown - Invercargill - Catlins and back, PGW seemed to be everywhere. So I have taken an interest purely from that point ... after seeing the P/E and Div I have become even more so.