sharetrader
Page 345 of 566 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Yes - he had interesting ideas, and certainly charisma and vision, but he was not that great in managing anything - be it companies or risk.
    He certainly wasn't that great in managing his weight, and his vision didn't extend to averting the consequences of it.

Yes - nobody deserves to die that early and certainly a tragedy for the family.

Just hope that nobody starts now talking about his business acumen - too often shareholders had to pay for his mistakes.

Yes - he had interesting ideas, and certainly charisma and vision, but he was not that great in managing anything - be it companies or risk. Here is a good article about him: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10643472
    Thanks BP...I think that's a fair synopsis of his chequered track record.

Heard from someone who knew him today "He was a bit of a cowboy..."

But yea, RIP for someone relatively young to leave his family like that
    Last edited by kiwidollabill; 08-07-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Investor

PGG Wrightson Acquires Strategic Interest in Uruguay

https://nzx.com/companies/PGW/announcements/267017

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

On the face of it, it looks good. I think a few other companies could take a leaf out of their book by paying a price, (hopefully a low one, some more detail on whether this is eps accretive from year 1 would have been nice), with earn out provisions over the next 3 years. Looks like a well structured deal from what little detail was supplied but I am looking forward to hearing more about it in due course at the ASM. The fact that they know the business well from their strong existing business relationship should give shareholders comfort this is a positive acquisition for PGW.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Oh dear, they hardly managed to consolidate their business in NZ and already out for the next big South American adventure. I hear it is a lovely continent for a business trip. Just hope that this time it is not again just the travel bills and another huge capital loss (NZS) for the shareholders. At least it looks like they don't plan to run farms ... just sell to them.

Time to sell while the SP is still up?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Well, I see it as a positive announcement and as per Roger will look forward for more details at the next ASM.

Advanced Member

Oh dear, they hardly managed to consolidate their business in NZ and already out for the next big South American adventure. I hear it is a lovely continent for a business trip. Just hope that this time it is not again just the travel bills and another huge capital loss (NZS) for the shareholders. At least it looks like they don't plan to run farms ... just sell to them.

Thank you BP, I will take them off you for that price. Been collecting these for the last couple of weeks.

It looks like a good strategic fit to me mate and I am happy to take their NZX release stating this acquisition has had strong growth at face value. Surely a man with your experience can see the obvious synergies !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-07-2015 at 10:44 AM.

percy

Yes/No.
    Mark Dewdney did say some time ago, that they had stopped repaying debt, and were concentrating on investing in the business.
    I see this as a well thought out continuation of this.