sharetrader
Page 355 of 572 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 5713

Yeah, all these dairy exposures just meant a buying signal for me for PGW and HNZ. Gut feel, of course

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The key difference being that when dairy owners go broke HNZ loses heaps whereas the next owner of the property bought at less than half its theoretical price still has to buy farming supplies.
    To be fair though Roger, with what money? Dairy farmers chequebooks are shut! They'll only be buying bare necessity's. And the guy who buys the farm might use Heartland again.

On the flip side, what will the return drop down to for both HNZ and PGW? 8%? I'll be sure to mop up the tears off my new Ferrari's dash.

percy

WARNING.!
    EPS...down from 0.055 to 0.043.
    Revenue .....down.
    Net cash from operating revenue....down.
    Current assets up about $5mil while current liabilities are up $18mil.
    Shareholders equity down.
    Had it not been for Foreign currency translation reversal the accounts would have been a disaster.
    Improved from negative [7,062] to positive 13,628.
    Yes a very well run business,but will need to be with the challenges they face.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Yeah, all these dairy exposures just meant a buying signal for me for PGW and HNZ. Gut feel, of course
    The guy who runs the local corner shop says dairy doing just fine.

Your gut feel should be acted on.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Kid

Go the Dewd! We were in the same hostel at university.

Disc. Not holding.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    To be fair though Roger, with what money? Dairy farmers chequebooks are shut! They'll only be buying bare necessity's. And the guy who buys the farm might use Heartland again.

On the flip side, what will the return drop down to for both HNZ and PGW? 8%? I'll be sure to mop up the tears off my new Ferrari's dash.
    LOL, trust me, you're better off with a Mercedes-benz, more reliable...those Italians are too troublesome. There will be a lot of un-dairy conversions coming. Buy a dairy farm for nix and convert to beef, cropping or whatever. Front page of the Herald today, Dairy receiverships starting to come thick and fast or words to that effect. It's just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    WARNING.!
    EPS...down from 0.055 to 0.043.
    Revenue .....down.
    Net cash from operating revenue....down.
    Current assets up about $5mil while current liabilities are up $18mil.
    Shareholders equity down.
    Had it not been for Foreign currency translation reversal the accounts would have been a disaster.
    Improved from negative [7,062] to positive 13,628.
    Yes a very well run business,but will need to be with the challenges they face.
    At least they're being prudent and honest and not trying to B.S. people with a profit forecast when they know you can't reliably forecast at this point. Unlike another company I know. Invest through the cycle. Heaps of dairy un-conversions coming and lot of business for PGW's grain and seed business with new cropping ventures. Banks will get a real bath and PGW will be there to service the new owners having copped a little clip around the ears from a couple of months of supplies not paid, no biggie really.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-08-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The guy who runs the local corner shop says dairy doing just fine.

Your gut feel should be acted on.
    Speaking about the local corner store...My local store was selling milk 2 for $5.19 ..until the Fonterra heavies recently put the hard word on the store to put the price back to 2 for $6...It seems Fonterra doesn't want its discount branded milk used as a lost leader product...

The Wolf of Sharetrader

I hate it when Mum and Dad fight. I hope they kids and make up for the sake of us sharetrader kids.

Come on Roger and Percy, kiss and make up.
    Last edited by nextbigthing; 11-08-2015 at 09:10 PM.

Banned

Another 2 cps div. Is it just me, or do their div's always look like they match Agria's requirement to pay their interest bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus View Post
    Another 2 cps div. Is it just me, or do their div's always look like they match Agria's requirement to pay their interest bill ?
    LOL I was hoping their interest bill would have been a bit higher. Still..... I'll take it and be content that I know the company is being managed well and that they're investing for growth in acquisitions.