sharetrader
Page 358 of 566 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 5655

Believe it or not, and many probably won't, I get a kick out of helping people which is what has been behind my thorough articulation of concerns surrounding HNZ. Those that listened and there weren't many, saved themselves from a near 20% beating. Hatred is a very strong word and its certainly not that although I do have a sense that my bloodhound nose's B.S. meter is well and truly going off regarding their FY16 forecast for all the reasons previously stated.

One of the posts attempted to compare delinquency rates in terms of 90 days plus overdue, the other was intended as a comment that the sector, (anything associated with dairy in any way), is down so there's no need to be too sensitive about that one. Its only natural that in some respects the two stocks which both have exposure to the dairy sector will draw some comparison from time to time which was the thrust of the other post and its only natural when former holders post somewhat misleading attempted analysis that current holders will want to correct factual inaccuracies. I think given the absolute deluge of negative press in the last little while, (which depending on your current location you may be unaware of) means I could have posted half a dozen relevant links to articles pertinent to HNZ in the last couple of days but didn't, speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-08-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    In the spirit of disclosure, just letting know that I've sold my parcel today.

Might look at entering at a later date.
    That's funny, I bought some today for 45c. and looking forward to a big divi payout.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Believe it or not, and many probably won't, I get a kick out of helping people which is what has been behind my thorough articulation of concerns surrounding HNZ. Those that listened and there weren't many, saved themselves from a near 20% beating. Hatred is a very strong word and its certainly not that although I do have a sense that my bloodhound nose's B.S. meter is well and truly going off regarding their FY16 forecast for all the reasons previously stated.
    Please keep sharing your great knowledge and research Roger and same goes for you to Percy. I'm only a young fella who's pretty inexperienced in the sharemarket and so I don't post often but I've taken a great interest in reading a number of threads on and off since I began investing in stocks at the beginning of 2013. Poster's like Roger and Percy have helped me considerably to learn about this art and thanks to them, as well as others and then doing my own research has helped my portfolio be a considerable amount in the blue. The money I've made on my investments is a significant amount to me and will no doubt help me greatly as I get a little bit older and have to start taking on more of life's responsibilities.

For example in this instance I was considering purchasing PGW a few weeks ago when the share price was around 47/47.5 cents. Percy's comments prompted me to do some more of my own research and after doing that research I did not consider there to be enough upside to pay that amount for them. I'm glad because had I have purchased I would now see a red arrow with about 4% sitting next to it, and I'm very comfortable with my decision that it wasn't the right time to buy and I still don't think it is. It wouldn't surprise me if the share price is around 42/43 cents once PGW goes ex divy and so I'll continue to sit out as PGW has considerable headwinds in the near future.

With regards to HNZ. It was Roger this time who helped me significantly because I was considering buying back into HNZ a few weeks ago when the share price was on it's way back up after it dropped to $1.17. Had I have purchased I probably would have paid around $1.21, but after reading Roger's posts and doing my own research I decided to play it safe and not buy. Now that the share price is $1.10 I've saved myself from having a 9% loss on paper. This makes me feel even better considering Roger's posts helped me to realise that it was time to get out and sell my HNZ shares for around $1.30 earlier in the year.

What I'm trying to say is both Roger and Percy's knowledge, research and opinions are very valuable. I don't always agree with them, sometimes I may agree with one and not the other and as we can see from my examples above I'm quite happy to agree with Roger in one instance and Percy the next. But in the end it's up to me to do my own research, which helps me form my own opinions and make my own decisions, however making my own decisions is made a whole lot easier after reading through some of the info shared on this site.

Please Roger and Percy as well as everybody else continue to share your knowledge, research and opinions on this site and if you genuinely believe something and want to help others by sharing the info and opinions you have then don't be afraid just because some people may disagree and argue against you.

If I were to meet either of you I'd shout you both a beer. Once again thanks for your insight, it is tremendously helpful!
    Happy posting!

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMorocco View Post

If I were to meet either of you I'd shout you both a beer. Once again thanks for your insight, it is tremendously helpful!
    Happy posting!
    Dito, I would include Snoopy and w69. Very helpful posts. I may not post as much but def read all posts by the more seasoned guys on here. Thanks

This is a thanks! I for one am always happy to read other people's opinions. It is up to me to sift out the relevant or not relevant (for me). Personally, I have been reading these boards since the late 1990s (although I think back then it was on a different platform). I can not for the life of me remember one astute bloke's name who has since died but thanks to him and many others, I have become a gobal investor sticking to my own developed recipe that has served well through the financial cycles we have seen. I own PGW and will be sitting in it for quite some time (purchased at 0.42 and 0.52) from a dividend perspective. Not too happy with its debt level but the other metrics suit my portfolio.

Who was it that said, a portfolio is like a bar of soap, the more you handle it the smaller it gets?

Cheers,
    BeeBop.

percy

[QUOTE=BeeBop;585804.

Who was it that said, a portfolio is like a bar of soap, the more you handle it the smaller it gets?

Welcome.
    With quotes like that I hope you will post regularly from now on.

Beebop, that old geeza you mentioned was probably stolwyk. Some of his posts are still on sharetrader.

He was a good soul that Gerry and some found him very helpful.

A real ramper at times though but suppose we are all guilty of that.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Did you teach this dude how to ramp winner?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Did you teach this dude how to ramp winner?
    No no, no way

He had the same modus operandi like a few on here, like getting people's trust and making them feel comfortable in buying by only talking about the good things and discounting/refuting the bad things.
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2015 at 09:09 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

[QUOTE=winner69;

A real ramper at times though but suppose we are all guilty of that.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that, speak for yourself. Great to promote a stock but ramping is attempting ti influence and we don't want/ need it here.