sharetrader
Page 360 of 566 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 5655

Yes, it was Gerry....he really got me started!

Roger, your Kelly must have been a lucky dog

Chocolates and dogs don't go well together I'm told
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Roger, your Kelly must have been a lucky dog

Chocolates and dogs don't go well together I'm told
    No they don't mate ! She was bloody sick after scoffing that box of choclates lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Yes, it was Gerry....he really got me started!
    Gerry's encouragement back in 1978 got me saving via direct investment in the sharemarket. He was the most enthusiastic stock market follower I've ever met & would talk little but the stock market. (We worked out of the same building in Rotorua and shared smoko & lunch facilities) He retired in 1987 and did the markets after that. I did the same when I reached my late 40's. I have a few PGW at the moment!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    Gerry's encouragement back in 1978 got me saving via direct investment in the sharemarket. He was the most enthusiastic stock market follower I've ever met & would talk little but the stock market. (We worked out of the same building in Rotorua and shared smoko & lunch facilities) He retired in 1987 and did the markets after that. I did the same when I reached my late 40's. I have a few PGW at the moment!
    I love happy stories! Nice work Glenn

I may go back and find some of his posts....I am not actually changing any positions in the markets at the moment. I sold up a huge lot of shares in the UK, uS and NZ (3m, pfe, fpa! To name just 3 great performers) in November 2013 after the boom, put the proceeds into my mortgages and have since been building a more long term income based portfolio mostly in the UK and NZ this time. Reviewing his posts may give me some inspiration to go forwards - after all paying off property mortgages is really really really boring (forcing myself into a much much lower debt ratio as you never know what the future holds). More PGW may be calling with the spare dividend cash although, their debt level is a little higher than I would like.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    I may go back and find some of his posts....I am not actually changing any positions in the markets at the moment. I sold up a huge lot of shares in the UK, uS and NZ (3m, pfe, fpa! To name just 3 great performers) in November 2013 after the boom, put the proceeds into my mortgages and have since been building a more long term income based portfolio mostly in the UK and NZ this time. Reviewing his posts may give me some inspiration to go forwards - after all paying off property mortgages is really really really boring (forcing myself into a much much lower debt ratio as you never know what the future holds). More PGW may be calling with the spare dividend cash although, their debt level is a little higher than I would like.
    Great to see you've found a voice BB after 25 years or so. Looking forward to more of your thoughts e.g. those overseas investments sound int.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    That post I made in March still looking sound, and prophetic given what has happened to the PGW share price since. Also the HNZ performance hasn't been exactly stellar since Roger mounted his response defence. I think even Roger from being HNZs second greatest promotor has subsequently joined the HNZ dark side. And my PGW reduction was all done right at the peak without having to trip out on one of Winners chart lines too! So it looks like this ol' beagle snout has still got a few good sniffs in it after all....

SNOOPY
    So you are re 2 and bit cents in the black atm Snoopy . The chart looks v weak and the macro re commodities and mkts are volatile and downwards.You must be confident re the road ahead for PGW?
    How are you faring Roger?. You disclosed at least one top up @ re 48c ; hows your average going?
    Not holding atp missed my buy away back sub 40c.

My goodness that is frightening....25 years...well actually, it has been 21 yrs since my first purchase...IFT at around 50c in 1994 with $500 using direct broking, then moved to access brokerage - released our cash for an Auckland house deposit from them just 1 week before they went 'belly up'. Maybe I will post very occasionally as I am slowly getting back into the NZ market...it is just so slow and seemingly quiet compared to the UK market (currently hold GSK, ALNT, BON, IUKD plus a speculative embarrassment!) Added to that I have one or two small ETFs. When I get home (live overseas and come back to NZ to enjoy the frigid southern winter with family) maybe a post on the international board may not go amiss (although those buying with NZD may find the international markets not ideal long-term, some good short terms can be found if that is what you like - not my scene though as I am turnaround/value and long term).