sharetrader
Page 366 of 566 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 5655
    IMO

Ex 28th friday so tomorrow last chance. But is the div a prop holding up the s/p? If so what happens when that prop is taken away in these volatile mkts.A bit irrational atm with great results still being marked down.

With almost 2 million in the sells and just 320,000 in the buys..could be better buying (for long term) to be had after the dividend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ex 28th friday so tomorrow last chance. But is the div a prop holding up the s/p? If so what happens when that prop is taken away in these volatile mkts.A bit irrational atm with great results still being marked down.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

IMO

Certainly need to look at both sides and not pressure oneself into a weak position ( pant, pant mustn't miss out, must buy cum div). And what sentiment is in the mkts on the day etc. Been pretty spastic out there; .......knee jerks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    With almost 2 million in the sells and just 320,000 in the buys..could be better buying (for long term) to be had after the dividend?
    Do you think all those sellers above 45c are waiting to pounce after ex. div? If they are, bring it on. I will keep on buying right down to the bottom. Looking forward to big div in oct.

Sellers don't pounce.....buyers pounce...Also it doesn't matter what price you want to pay or sell for if the market pressures dictate something else. To make a highly generalized statement...more sellers than buyers will/should push SP down. In many cases SP will drop by the amount of the div after it goes ex-div. No-one in their right mind buys at a higher price than they need to...not even die-hard boosters of a share. Yes its a good dividend..I am looking at buying myself...but the dividend history is rather short and has been dropping. To insulate myself against further possible div drops and SP erosion I am trying to buy as cheaply as possible so am gambling that I can buy cheaper AFTER the div.. Notice I said gamble...cos that what it is. May or may not drop but in present climate I believe that its a strong possibility. There's plenty out there for everybody....you don't need to rush
    Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Do you think all those sellers above 45c are waiting to pounce after ex. div? If they are, bring it on. I will keep on buying right down to the bottom. Looking forward to big div in oct.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Advanced Member

Yesterdays close from memory was .435c. Today it says yesterdays close was .415c .

Investor

Yesterdays close from memory was .435c. Today it says yesterdays close was .415c .
    They might've adjusted the 2c divvy see weed, hence the difference as it went ex-div.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

And back up to $43c this afternoon. Looks like there was some very good buying had pre-dividend.

Wow...to quote a famous line from the movie Wall St, I sure went down the toilet on that ugly *****

Where too from here ?...I have no idea to be honest.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Watching for an entry.