sharetrader
Page 369 of 566 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I was gonna buy those, you beat me to it. Got some at .405c later on. Took half a day for order to go through. Just another gamble.
    Good on ya mate. Technical analysis be dammed, they're good value at this level. Buy in gloom, sell in boom
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Does PGW have much of a financial pot to get them through hard times, does anyone know?

I think I read somewhere that they pretty much deliver all their profit in dividends.
    Have you tried looking at an annual report?

They have net debt, so apart from debt facility (?) no they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    According to their annual report, their NPAT was $32.8M. They also had some one off income that gave them a total profit for the year of Close to $39.9. The divi at $0.04 is $30.2M So just on NPAT they would have $2.6M spare, but in total they would have $9.7 M in reserve.
    Thanks Jantar, that's not a lot of rainy day savings (or is it dry day savings in the farming world?) for a company with outgoings in the region of 90M. How well positioned are this company to survive another 2008 type event? I notice looking at Google Finance's 10 year view, that the share price never really recovered from the GFC in 2008, while most others did. Economies experience some sort of crash every 8 years on average, is PGW doomed to pay great dividends then lose all the value every decade or so?

Guru

Again, relatively low exposure to dairy

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...c#/0a779aec/28

Banned

Interesting depth chart this morning, price on the up and sellers drying up, must be due for a wee breakout methinks, perhaps thoughts of the dairy impact subsiding.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Interesting depth chart this morning, price on the up and sellers drying up, must be due for a wee breakout methinks, perhaps thoughts of the dairy impact subsiding.
    Yeah I noticed that too mate. I think the correction all the way down to 39.5 - 40.0 cents is a little overdone.

There was a guy on the radio this morning saying El Niño will curb farmers spend .....and specifically mentioned PGW as one to be affected

It was referring to a Forbar report - i thought Forbar were guru analysts.
    Last edited by winner69; 14-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There was a guy on the radio this morning saying El Niño will curb farmers spend .....and specifically mentioned PGW as one to be affected

Jeez, he an idiot eh
    Egg on his face aye winner, think of all that extra irrigation equipment going out the door courtesy of El Nino.

Its amazing really all the talk of some Canterbury farmers still currently being susceptible to a drought and enduring the effects of last summer's drought. I just travelled from Chch to Auckland after picking up my daughter's new car over 1,000 km's, so after travelling most of the length of N.Z. all I saw was a sea of green everywhere I went, (apart from on the Cook St ferry of course) although there were a few passengers looking a bit green with a fairy rough crossing

The odd farmer who is still bleating like a lamb lost from its mother about the effects of last year's drought really ought to get proactive and irrigate and do something about it ASAP, (yes I realise irrigation schemes can take years of planning and resource consenting but then we've had many years of drought's haven't we !).

On another note speaking of water and leaks and all. Interesting that exactly two weeks before the annual meeting and a scheduled update on the forecast for FY16 we have a fundamental sea change in the balance between the depth of buyers and sellers and the price being hunted up fairly aggressively. Leaks or investor anticipation ?, you be the judge.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-10-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

It was referring to a Forbar report - i thought Forbar were guru analysts.
    Well he got that wrong. A sudden big increase in PGW price in the past 1/2 hour. I'm smiling again.