sharetrader
Page 380 of 566 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 5655
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Roger Roger look at that 900,000 block at 42c . Buyers are starting to nibble away at 42, ex div in about 6 weeks. Might buy another 100k before they disappear.
    Take care See Weed it looks as though the tide is going out, as the sp at 41.5 cents is under the 50 day EMA [42cents],the 100 day EMA[42cents], and the 200day EMA[43cents].
    You could end up well under water.
    May pay for you to wait and catch an incoming tide.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Take care See Weed it looks as though the tide is going out, as the sp at 41.5 cents is under the 50 day EMA [42cents],the 100 day EMA[42cents], and the 200day EMA[43cents].
    You could end up well under water.
    May pay for you to wait and catch an incoming tide.
    Thanks for advice percy. Typical me trying to get in too early. Lots of rain lately, might help to change the tide. If it goes out any further, will just have to buy more. It seems easy buying more when divy in a couple of months.

Advanced Member

Nibble nibble nibble at 42c.

where did you get the future dividend information from, I can't find it anywhere. Or are you just going off last years dates? And what size will the dividend be and where is that information, or is it yet to be announced? Thanks

Roger Roger look at that 900,000 block at 42c . Buyers are starting to nibble away at 42, ex div in about 6 weeks. Might buy another 100k before they disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider68 View Post
    where did you get the future dividend information from, I can't find it anywhere. Or are you just going off last years dates? And what size will the dividend be and where is that information, or is it yet to be announced? Thanks

Future dividend date is normally the same as last year. Dividend amount is a wait & see.

Chairman's address in annual report should indicate the future earnings unless a profit announcement has been made, which could be the fine as notified by PGW previously.

I'm still looking for a top up but my low trigger has not yet activated. No hurry EH!

Hi mate,

I don't think there's any hurry. Dairy is still well and truly in the doldrums and the comcom settlement will cost them 0.42 cps and could impact the half year dividend. Maybe with legal costs half a cent per share.
    Good to see a fair bit of rain around so far this summer, (not so good for boaties), so the farmers will be slightly less grumpy about that.

Feels to me like its building a base around the current low level but I think we'll need to be patient waiting for the recovery.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-01-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi mate,

I don't think there's any hurry. Dairy is still well and truly in the doldrums and the comcom settlement will cost them 0.42 cps and could impact the half year dividend. Maybe with legal costs half a cent per share.
    Good to see a fair bit of rain around so far this summer, (not so good for boaties), so the farmers will be slightly less grumpy about that.

Feels to me like its building a base around the current low level but I think we'll need to be patient waiting for the recovery.
    Welcome back, Roger - great to have you back!

Re PGW ... I agree, they might just bottoming out and I don't see at this stage a big rush to buy more.

On the other hand ...
    * the current rain is great news for agriculture - it might well rescue the season (just remembering all this El Nino doom and gloom)!
    * Not sure whether it is relevant - but we have so far this year on our section in mid Canterbury the best harvest ever since we own the block (ie.e more than 20 years), referring to various pip and stone fruit: Cherries, Plums, Apricot, Apple, Pears, ...), so I think that the professionals might do well as well.
    * diesel and other transport cost for agriculture (probably fertilizer as well, but this is just a guess) are lower than they have been in decades. Power (for irrigation) is as well quite cheap in comparison.
    * just wondering what the lifting of the Iran sanction might mean. Iran used to be a big trading partner for NZ - and now they have again access to money and they might want to buy some more meat / wool / milk / fruit (and by the way - even NZ made electronics, but this is another thread). 82 million potential customers are nothing to spit at ...
    * (added later): and how could I forget ... the exchange rate is as well much better than it used to be for years ...

To cut a long story short - personally I think that the upwards potential for PGW is higher than the downside risks. While you never know, what the fickle markets are doing - I do see them at this stage as a worthwhile investment! Not a screaming buy, but an "accumulate on dips".

Discl: holding (and roughly around purchase price ... but "harvested" already some nice dividends over the last couple of years); Obviously - DYOR;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 19-01-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: amendment (X-change rate)
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Thanks for the warm welcome back BP. You make some good points. Hearing El Nino mentioned in the weather forecast every day got a bit tiresome in December didn't it but we seem to be travelling quite well compared to last year in the soil moisture stakes and there's all the other positive factors you've mentioned so I agree with you. Accumulate on the dips makes sense to me.

Help!!!!
    Agria's CEO Adam Lai will ouster their shareholders. 2 Jears ago they write off 65 million land use rights. The arable land was purchased for sheep breeding 8 years ago. Lamb price demand is increasing in china. Therfore it is not acceptable that they wrote of 65 Million shareholder assets!
    The CEO will do everything to destroy shareholder value.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    Help!!!!
    Agria's CEO Adam Lai will ouster their shareholders. 2 Jears ago they write off 65 million land use rights. The arable land was purchased for sheep breeding 8 years ago. Lamb price demand is increasing in china. Therfore it is not acceptable that they wrote of 65 Million shareholder assets!
    The CEO will do everything to destroy shareholder value.
    Not sure I understand the problem. As you describe it did Agria write down some at the time overvalued assets. This is what they are required to do. But even if the act of writing down the assets would have been a problem for Agria shareholders ... why would this be an issue for PGW and relevant for this thread?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)