sharetrader
Page 384 of 568 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 5672

Sign of things to come for PGW?

Livestock Improvement first-half profit drops 46% as farmers spend less
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...pend-less.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

$23mil turnaround in cashflow is not good.In fact not very good at all.!!
    Can't see PGW being able to extend the same sort of terms to their customers.
    We live in interesting times?!
    Last edited by percy; 11-02-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

sure, however ...

maybe too early to become depressed ... the rural news this morning (RNZ) have been actually quite upbeat:
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...-february-2016
    (talking about fruit, honey, wool) and I remember as well a recent report (as well RNZ, but don't remember the date)
    stating that farmers (I think that report was referring to South Island) are actually quite busy investing ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Credible result given the very strong headwinds in the dairy industry. Outlook looks okay to me too. Performing well considering...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The market still feels a bit disappointed and uncertaint about the future. I guess that's why sp fell.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    The market still feels a bit disappointed and uncertaint about the future. I guess that's why sp fell.
    That was my fault. Sold a very small portion at 4.55pm, but someone else jumped in at 4.59pm to sell some and pushed my order to 0.405c.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    That was my fault. Sold a very small portion at 4.55pm, but someone else jumped in at 4.59pm to sell some and pushed my order to 0.405c.
    Why are you selling mate ? I would have thought all the bad news is fully priced in at 40.5 - 41 cents trading cum a 1.75 cent dividend ? I'm thinking of buying there to be honest. Maybe we could do an off market deal and save the brokerage, you go walking in the Waitakere ranges and drink coffee at Titirangi...so do I
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Why are you selling mate ? I would have thought all the bad news is fully priced in at 40.5 - 41 cents trading cum a 1.75 cent dividend ? I'm thinking of buying there to be honest. Maybe we could do an off market deal and save the brokerage, you go walking in the Waitakere ranges and drink coffee at Titirangi...so do I
    Not to worry, still have over 400ks. But am getting divs for brm, mln and 4c div for ttk in the next 3 weeks.ps Don't drink coffee any more. Some good walks at Titi and Piha.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not so sure all the bad news is priced in for the business cycle yet. If dairy's recovery is being pushed out over the visible horizon, and beef and horticulture start to come down from their highs, then what will that do to the forward outlook for PGW? I was hoping for some -significant- share price weakness after the result that would allow me to top up cheaply. But it didn't really happen. So good work from 'the Dewd' and his crew.

Of course if PGW continues to perform in this low interest rate environment, the market may rerate the share upwards to bring down the yield, even as profits are static or slightly falling. In that case my top up strategy will fail. But since I regard myself as 'neutrally weighted' with my PGW holding this will be OK. I will simply have to 'put up' with the shares that I already have :-)

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 25-02-2016 at 01:53 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

So many if's, but's and maybe's in the N.Z. economy at the moment isn't there ! Bottom line for me is they're doing pretty well considering a whopping 24% of their customers are really suffering very badly. Good dividend yield stock and with interest rates set to plumb 70 year lows this year I think it's well supported around the current SP.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2016 at 12:21 PM.