sharetrader
Page 389 of 566 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/PGW/announcements/281125

Flooding in Uruguay, they might hit lower part of forecast now
    It never rains but it pours these days for PGW

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blind View Post
    It never rains but it pours these days for PGW

So $69.5m last year and $61m this year .......hmmm
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reminds me of the old Toyota Ute advertisement...Bugger ! Disc - Sold out a little while back...(won't own anything with a significant exposure to dairy until we see clear evidence that dairy is making a meaningful recovery)

Things do seem tough but I am now wondering about buying back in just to hold for the yield. If things are tough and they haven't tanked, then it possibly the next direction a gradual upwards climb? I shall watch and wait for a short while and maybe see if the next dairy auction is another improved one.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Things do seem tough but I am now wondering about buying back in just to hold for the yield. If things are tough and they haven't tanked, then it possibly the next direction a gradual upwards climb? I shall watch and wait for a short while and maybe see if the next dairy auction is another improved one.
    Take the yield but don't expect much else

As i said the other day pgw is one of those companies that is always gunna do something special but never seems to deliver. Doesnt really matter what the market conditions / environment is lke
    Last edited by winner69; 21-04-2016 at 02:01 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yield it shall be will be happy enough to pay in high 30 to low 40s to get the dividend when there isn't a better place for the cash. I have ust put our spare cash into Trifast on the London exchange TRI.LSE, so now I need to wait a bit to get some more cash to buy some PGW for yield (I also get to optimise share purchases by favourable exchange rates currently choosing EUR, GBP and NZD). Everyday bank account has been nearly emptied so I could maximise the money leaving the country (not good to keep money in the bank where we are living). Even though we will be living off the smell of an oily rag this week, I still paid double to buy my NZ Jaz apples...marketed to me as 'new seasons apple, not soft one, like other one' so I purchased if only to boost my SCL dividend!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Can't see what properties PGW were selling in January from this link. I don't think it is any secret that PGW is structured to be 'an efficient user of equity'. Non-core assets will be put up for sale if doing so improves the overall financial strength of the company. Particularly so in this era of 'building depreciation' being disallowed as an expense.

Big advert on page C9 of the Press today. Oamaru, Gore, Fairlie, Tapanui, Kurow, Roxburgh and Tuatapere branches of PGW, all up for tender! I wonder if this big pr0perty sell down has a mirror image sale going on for PGW's North Island branches?

SNOOPY
    Yes currently looking over a couple down south .... 10yr fixed lease on settlement ...many have now sold some as low as 6% yields all pretty much the same 1960's concrete block/ steel NBS-67% .. does tick many boxes for this investors(at the right price) to diverse my investments ..esp when we will likely see two more rate cuts
    3-4% interest rates over the term of the
    Last edited by JBmurc; 26-05-2016 at 11:46 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Snoopy wrote:
    "Big advert on page C9 of the Press today (13-04-2016). Oamaru, Gore, Fairlie, Tapanui, Kurow, Roxburgh and Tuatapere branches of PGW, all up for tender! I wonder if this big pr0perty sell down has a mirror image sale going on for PGW's North Island branches?"

Yes currently looking over a couple down south .... 10yr fixed lease on settlement ...many have now sold some as low as 6% yields all pretty much the same 1960's concrete block/ steel NBS-67% .. does tick many boxes for this investors(at the right price) to diverse my investments ..esp when we will likely see two more rate cuts
    You are Auckland based JB? So how far down South are you looking? North Island rural towns? Or some of those South Island PGGW business premises that I listed earlier?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    You are Auckland based JB? So how far down South are you looking? North Island rural towns? Or some of those South Island PGGW business premises that I listed earlier?

SNOOPY
    Central otago based .. so am looking at a couple out in the sticks ...but within 1hr half drive etc from home
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Do you think PGW will still want branches in these towns in 11 years time?
    I ask that as the biggest suppliers of books to the NZ book trade are based in Victoria,and deliveries take about the same time as they did from Auckland.
    Bit like Pack'n'Save replacing the corner shop.
    Can't see tenants lining up for a prime downtown site in Kurow,or any of those towns.