sharetrader
Page 392 of 572 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5713
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

https://www.nzx.com/companies/PGW/announcements/286554

Top end of guidance NPAT up 20%.... No wonder the sp has been creeping up (hmmmm). Should at least maintain dividend yield - surprised there wasn't a bit more gas in the tank after this announcement - 11.7% yield at current level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post

Top end of guidance NPAT up 20%.... No wonder the sp has been creeping up (hmmmm). Should at least maintain dividend yield - surprised there wasn't a bit more gas in the tank after this announcement - 11.7% yield at current level.
    Very surprising. Gives a useful insight into the fact that many aspects of our primary sector including pip fruit are going gang busters this year even if dairy isn't. Underscores that this is arguably a very good diversified play in the agricultural sector. I think they've done extremely well in what has been a cataclysmic year for dairy when most dairy farmers have had to face up to the possibility of several years of low payouts and the obvious downstream spending implications of that. Exceptional trading update and gives a valuable clue to other potential profits of other agri stocks, SCL springs to mind, only because I have heaps LOL.

Ebitda will still be less than last year.

I always have a little laugh to myself when a company who hardly ever mentions NPAT suddenly thinks it's good to have a rave about it - story always has been 'ebitda better represents the underlying performance of the business'

Never mind - they done quite well this year in the circumstances, but not that brilliantly
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Well I feel like a right NANA now.

Been looking to top up for twelve months, waiting, waiting, waiting. But this time distracted by the ultimate distraction that is ...... a HOLIDAY.

FOCUS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    Well I feel like a right NANA now.

Been looking to top up for twelve months, waiting, waiting, waiting. But this time distracted by the ultimate distraction that is ...... a HOLIDAY.

FOCUS
    A Holiday need never distract you from the market, with a tablet and smart phone your always in touch. Skied hard out at Coronet this morning, come down for lunch, bought some shares, did a few more runs, come down and bought some more shares, caught the bus back to Q/town then bought a few more (Multi tasking is the name of the game) Disc-Holding a good number and until today have been in the red for quite a while but view it as a bottom drawer stock.
    Last edited by couta1; 01-08-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Handsome Member

Story of my life....lol
    Sold out last week and topped up AWK. oh well..... still think it's a better move long term.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A Holiday need never distract you from the market, with a tablet and smart phone your always in touch. Skied hard out at Coronet this morning, come down for lunch, bought some shares, did a few more runs, come down and bought some more shares, caught the bus back to Q/town then bought a few more (Multi tasking is the name of the game)
    Busy chap you are...No flies on you mate...might be a few snow flakes though Have a couple of bevvies tonight on the big AIR you got today and I'm not talking about over the ski jump
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-08-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Busy chap you are...No flies on you mate...might be a few snow flakes though Have a couple of bevvies tonight on the big AIR you got today
    Sure will mate, packed Air flight yesterday and only planes on the ground upon arrival were 3 X Air birds. Keep the Faith.

Great announcement and yes, better than even I dared to hope for. Re markets running out of gas ... they might "fill up" the tank over night. Announcement was only short before market close, some might first need to find the money and than instruct their brokers to fill up ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hi,
    I'm asking myself if this will have an impact on Agria. They downsized there chinese businnes a bit last year. And doing everything to be profitable. They announced a larger repurchase program. Until now it had
    not delivered any positive momentum. Will the recent PGW announcement have an impact? I'm still hesitating to pul the BUY trigger. I would feel more comforetable if i have some Investors from NZ on the Agria ship.