sharetrader
Page 393 of 566 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 5655
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I always have a little laugh to myself when a company who hardly ever mentions NPAT suddenly thinks it's good to have a rave about it - story always has been 'ebitda better represents the underlying performance of the business'
    It is expected that PGW will now announce that its full year Operating EBITDA will exceed $68 million (the top of the current guidance range) - straight from the announcement.

Shesh Winner they mention the EBITDA before NPAT, and it's an amazing result given all that has been going on. You're a hard man to please, next you'll only be happy if the Canes win by 20 points!

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    It is expected that PGW will now announce that its full year Operating EBITDA will exceed $68 million (the top of the current guidance range) - straight from the announcement.

Shesh Winner they mention the EBITDA before NPAT, and it's an amazing result given all that has been going on. You're a hard man to please, next you'll only be happy if the Canes win by 20 points!

Still less than last year -- and I did say pretty good in the circumstances

and suppose they pretty chuffed with the 20% increase in NPAT - so may as well crow about it even though NPAT doesn't normally feature in their guidance

As long as the punters are happy - happy punters will believe anything

Lost me dosh when the Chiefs didn't win last week - Canes history hmmm .... maybe these Lions are the ones

Hope Julian gets a decent run this weekend seeing he got sent off for 10 minutes last week - maybe should be hooker
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

It shoud move a bit more tomorrow I guess. The announcement is very close to the market close and it is better than I thought. Well done

Around 5o seems to be a major stumbling block for the share price in recent years

Get over that tomorrow and stay there its all all blue sky again (if you forget about the god old Norgate days of old)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Around 5o seems to be a major stumbling block for the share price in recent years

Get over that tomorrow and stay there its all all blue sky again (if you forget about the god old Norgate days of old)
    Yes that's true but you have to admire what looks like a stunning result in a year in which a major part of their business, (dairy) has been at its lowest ebb for many years. Underscores the diversified nature of this agri business and its resilance . Dividend hounds will look at the yield which based on 4 cps fully imputed, (gross 5.55 cps) is 11.1% even at 50 cents and based on how the business has tracked in the last few years there's now a case to be made that this yield is reasonably reliable and sustainable going forward and therein in my view lies the key attraction of the stock in a era of the lowest interest rates we've seen in N.Z. for many decades. Disc bought more at the close yesterday at 47 cps.

Here we are - 15 minutes into the trading day, 50 cents already reached ... and not that many sellers at that price left. This was quick!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes that's true but you have to admire what looks like a stunning result in a year in which a " MINOR " part of their business, (dairy) has been at its lowest ebb for many years. Underscores the diversified nature of this " BANKING " business and its resilance . .
    Hopefully Roger, you will be able to repeat this when percy's ( and mine to be truthful ). " STAR " company reports..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Here we are - 15 minutes into the trading day, 50 cents already reached ... and not that many sellers at that price left. This was quick!
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6...-approval.html

Best analysts in the business upgrade target price from 50 cps to 65 cps. Trading cum a final divvy this good huntaway puppy has the legs to run !

P.S. I wonder if a 1 cps special divvy is on the cards this year to go with the 2 cps final ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-08-2016 at 10:52 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Hopefully Roger, you will be able to repeat this when percy's ( and mine to be truthful ). " STAR " company reports..
    All credit to PGW.Being able to deliver a good result with NZ dairying and Uruguay floods is outstanding.
    I think their dividend will be maintained, as they do not need more capital in the business.An extremely well run business.
    Janner.The other day my big three stocks HBL,EBO and SCL all fell,so I remain "well positioned" for my day of redemption .Being practising my long version of "hallelujah".You can expect to hear it soon...lol.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All credit to PGW.Being able to deliver a good result with NZ dairying and Uruguay floods is outstanding.
    I think their dividend will be maintained, as they do not need more capital in the business.An extremely well run business.
    Janner.The other day my big three stocks HBL,EBO and SCL all fell,so I remain "well positioned" for my day of redemption .Being practising my long version of "hallelujah".You can expect to hear it soon...lol.
    My second largest went up.... :-)))))))))))

CAV..