sharetrader
Page 410 of 566 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 5655
    Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Big volumes in market depth today Buy 700,000 approx at 59, sell 700,000 approx at 60

Yes, I saw that too. Sellers are lining up but the buyers are already there for top $. Which side will turn out to have made the correct move ?, Time will tell.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Slow, but relentless

Touching $0.61 I notice

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Anyone read the First NZ Capital Securities Ltd – monthly outlook?
    If you missed out. It's a 36 page analysis on the NZ/AUS sharemarket and the global economy by one of NZ biggest brokering firms.
    They interviewed the CEO of PGW. These are the key takeaways (their key take-away's not mine)

Key take-aways

+
    Mark has been moulded
    by a variety of influences.
    +
    PGW’s key strength is
    people – employees and
    customers.
    +
    Technology is creating
    risks and opportunities.

(my take-away)
    Who ever produced this booklet should be shot

Last edited by nzspeak; 02-06-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    If you missed out. It's a 36 page analysis on the NZ/AUS sharemarket and the global economy by one of NZ biggest brokering firms.
    They interviewed the CEO of PGW. These are the key takeaways (their key take-away's not mine)

Key take-aways

+
    Mark has been moulded
    +
    PGW’s key strength is
    people – employees and
    customers.
    +
    Technology is creating
    risks and opportunities.

(my take-away)

You make a compelling case for reading the document ... but cheers for sacrificing yourself on our behalf !
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Is now a good time to get in on it? $0.61 is nice ramp in. Also call me dumb but is it NZX PGG or NZX PGW?? What's in a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    Is now a good time to get in on it? $0.61 is nice ramp in. Also call me dumb but is it NZX PGG or NZX PGW?? What's in a name?
    NZX PGW

Always a good time to get in to PGW if you're in for the long term (high dividends) ... I wouldn't invest at 61c for capital gains though ... it ain't exactly a growth stock.

Quote Originally Posted by hogiela View Post
    NZX PGW

Always a good time to get in to PGW if you're in for the long term (high dividends) ... I wouldn't invest at 61c for capital gains though ... it ain't exactly a growth stock.
    It has grown very nicely in the last 12 months - is trading within its usual 10 to 13x earnings. Dewdney may yet be becoming a very astute CEO of a diverse and complex business. Having said that, not sure how it can get to 80c+ in the short term.

Disc. Holding

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Pmdv77 View Post
    It has grown very nicely in the last 12 months - is trading within its usual 10 to 13x earnings. Dewdney may yet be becoming a very astute CEO of a diverse and complex business. Having said that, not sure how it can get to 80c+ in the short term.

Disc. Holding

Agree that 'The Dewd' is an astute CEO. My take is that the rise in share price has been because of the excellent growing conditions in NZ in any commodity you care to name. And Uruguay not have an extreme climate event growing season this year. The situation is the controlling shareholder, Agria, needs to suck all the cash they can out of PGW to service their debts. The good thing about this is that PGW have to be very careful with their deployment of their cash. The bad thing is that, long term, such a policy makes growth for PGW impossible.

PGW will remain a cyclical. And right now we are riding the 'up cycle'. I would dispute that a PE of 10-13 is 'normal' for PGW. Trading above a PE of 10 makes the price look high to me. But in these days of very low interest rates, a solid dividend yield can influence the share price. My take is that PGW is now near the top of its expected price range. The problem is, if you sold, and wanted to maintain your dividend income, where do you put the money? This is the reason that I haven't sold.

SNOOPY

discl: PGW shareholder, average entry price 42c
    Last edited by Snoopy; 03-06-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post

Key take-aways

+
    Mark has been moulded
    +
    PGW’s key strength is
    people – employees and
    customers.
    +
    Technology is creating
    risks and opportunities.

(my take-away)

Can anyone help me on how to get this report?

Well, well - 'The Dewd' is on his way out

New CEO next year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”