sharetrader
Page 519 of 566 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5655
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by maclir View Post
    I agree. They also hammered the point about the importance of their staff's techncial expertise.

I have to say I'm glad Guerin's better at running the company than he is at presenting.
    Haha couldn't agree more, he mumbles a lot when presenting.

Hey Snoops me old mate …..have you the last 5 years Operating Ebitda on a like for like basis …ie adjusting for the change in accounting of leases (which effectively increased ebitda by quite a lot

I’m after F16 and f17 and F19 to complete the series X, Y, Z, 48.2m, 56.0m and F22 58.0m

Just being lazy

Cheers
    Last edited by winner69; 07-12-2021 at 08:45 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Snoops mebold mate …..have you the last 5 years Operating Ebitda on a like for like basis …ie adjusting for the change in accounting of leases (which effectively increased ebitda by quite a lot

I’m after F16 and f17 and F19 to complete the series X, Y, Z, 48.2m, 56.0m and F22 58.0m

Just being lazy

Cheers
    Hi Winner,

Two points.

1/ I tend to work on NPAT for my comparative figures. Those figures are not affected by the change in accounting lease standards, so I don't have the comparative EBITDA figures you ask for at hand.

2/ Where I have looked at doing this before (in another company), I have always adjusted the current EBITDA figures back to what they would have been under the old standard. What you are proposing is the other approach of adjusting the old figures up to the new standard. To my mind that is the better way to go (always better to be forward looking). The problem I run into is finding a practical way to do that.

The lease change standard effectively replaces an expense called 'rent', with two new expenses, those being:

a/ Depreciation of a 'right of use asset'
    b/ An interest charge on lease liabilities.

The 'rent expenses' for want of a better broad umbrella term, sum match over the total term of a lease contract(s) under each method. But on a year to year basis they do not match, due to different accounting discounting rules.

The problem is in the old accounts, the split between depreciation of a 'right of use asset' and 'interest lease expense' is not declared, because under the old accounting standard such a separated construct did not exist. Sure you can make some estimates of what the historical split might be. But that sort of stuff is beyond my accounting pay grade. Is there a way to practically do this? You Winner, are probably one of the few people on this forum qualified to answer that question.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 07-12-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Thanks Snoopy …thought it would be hard trying to get adjusted (fiddled) numbers

Was trying asses whether this is a good trend and where it might head seeing F22 58m isn’t much more than F21 56m.

Trend:

F22 58m guidance
    F21 56.0m
    F20 42.2m
    F19 24.4m but includes leases
    F18 34.5m including leases

Snoopy …so this impressive looking chart they showed at the ASM isn’t really the truth ……lemons some years and apples other years

Never mind …the market doesn’t care ..just focusing on 2021 and 2022
    Attached Images Attached Images

Snoopy …so this impressive looking chart they showed at the ASM isn’t really the truth ……lemons some years and apples other years

Never mind …the market doesn’t care ..just focusing on 2021 and 2022
    Looks like it matches up to me. I am happy to buy a few more at todays prices.

Record earnings for the primary sector - a restructured and now well managed & well positioned PGW cannot but benefit.

More profit upgrades for PGW to come.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/12/14/n...d-508-billion/

The revenue from food and fibre sector exports are projected to surge to a record $50.8 billion.
    Last edited by Balance; 15-12-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Record earnings for the primary sector - a restructured and now well managed & well positioned PGW cannot but benefit.

More profit upgrades for PGW to come.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/12/14/n...d-508-billion/

The revenue from food and fibre sector exports are projected to surge to a record $50.8 billion.
    Got them tucked away safely in the bottom drawer and happy to keep collect the future divvies and capital gains along the way. Update from the ASM earlier in the month confirmed their balance sheet strength and upbeat trading pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Got them tucked away safely in the bottom drawer and happy to keep collect the future divvies and capital gains along the way. Update from the ASM earlier in the month confirmed their balance sheet strength and upbeat trading pattern.
    You'll need a bigger bottom drawer the way things are going

Investor

You'll need a bigger bottom drawer the way things are going
    I think so, offer side is looking bit frail