sharetrader
Page 521 of 563 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 5626
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    Hallo Snoopy,

Does that mean Alain Lai has sold all PGW shares? Do you have a source for me? I still own 70.000 shares in Agria and can not sell them.

regards

Agrarinvestor
    That post of mine you refer to is best described as 'satire' Agrainvestor.

http://www.agriacorp.com/

The website has been updated to reflect the fact that it is now 2022. But it looks like the 'global reach' map (http://www.agriacorp.com/business.asp?id=21) has not been updated since the sale of PGGW Seeds, even though we are told that Agria's proceeds from that sale have been used to repay debt. Given the shored up capital position of Agriacorp and the recent PGW share price gains, Agriacorp must be sitting in a good space. So it doesn't look like your underlying Agriacorp value has disappeared, even though you cannot realise it Agrainvestor.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 12-01-2022 at 10:41 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Dear Snoopy,

I wrote Agria and asked for an offer for a repurchase of my shares. They don't want to bus back, but they said:
    "If you are interested to sell your shares, you may do so at your convenience. From time to time, we do have inquiries from third party(s) expressing interest to purchase shares of the company which we refer them directly to shareholders who are interested to deal. With your consent, we would be happy to pass your contact to such third party(s) for you and them to deal directly,
    "

I am asking myself, why should a third person, with no insights and relation to AGRIA, buy my shares?
    Do I have any rights in China that I can enforce, because I am an owner of the company and they are violating my rights?

regards

Agrarinvestor

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    Dear Snoopy,

I wrote Agria and asked for an offer for a repurchase of my shares. They don't want to bus back, but they said:
    "If you are interested to sell your shares, you may do so at your convenience. From time to time, we do have inquiries from third party(s) expressing interest to purchase shares of the company which we refer them directly to shareholders who are interested to deal. With your consent, we would be happy to pass your contact to such third party(s) for you and them to deal directly,
    "

I am asking myself, why should a third person, with no insights and relation to AGRIA, buy my shares?
    Do I have any rights in China that I can enforce, because I am an owner of the company and they are violating my rights?

regards

Agrarinvestor
    From

http://www.agriacorp.com/

"Agria Corporation is an investment holding company,incorporated in Cayman Islands. We have deregistered our securities with the Securities Exchange Commission as from June 18, 2019"

So the entity you have invested in, the one that used to be listed in the United States, is a Cayman Island's company. I suspect there is nothing anyone in China can do about a Cayman Island company.

Also, (playing devil's advocate here), what rights of yours have been violated? You still own your shares in Agria. When the shares were listed the principal business of Agria was as a holding company for PGG Wrightson shares. This is still the case. There has been no substantial change in the Agria business since it has been delisted. So your position in Agria has technically not changed.

The only thing that has changed is that there is no public platform on which you can exchange your shares. But, according to the correspondence that you have revealed, Agria is open to trading your shares if a buyer can be found. But you do not have a right to have a buyer for your Agria shares. A buyer must be a voluntary player in any share sale transaction.

As to why anyone should buy Agria shares? Possibly because they could obtain a stake in PGW at a discount because of the lack of market liquidity of Agria shares. But the person supplying that discount would be you - the seller of the Agria shares in question.

I have sympathy for the minor shareholders in Agria, including yourself. But I see no easy or current resolution to the Agria minor shareholder dilemma.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 14-01-2022 at 07:12 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

I would let Agria know you are happy for them to put a buyer in touch with you.
    Then if a buyer gets in contact with you,you can ask what price they are prepared to pay.
    Then you can decide whether to sell .

Investor

Inching up few cents day by day, could be $6 soon if there aren't that many sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Inching up few cents day by day, could be $6 soon if there aren't that many sellers.
    Agriculture is on a surge out there on just about every front - why sell PGW when it is one of the few stocks to give excellent exposure to the sector?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Agriculture is on a surge out there on just about every front - why sell PGW when it is one of the few stocks to give excellent exposure to the sector?
    Looks like not many willing to part with their holdings here...

Investor

What the $%^#

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    What the $%^#
    I'm pondering the irony of my PGW shareholding increasing in value as my CO2 does the same...

Investor

Heading back to where we were 2 weeks back...