sharetrader
Page 522 of 568 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 5673
    Legend

Are these getting scarce now ? Who's hoarding them all ?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Are these getting scarce now ? Who's hoarding them all ?
    Donno, but willing buyers keep propping up higher highs..

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Donno, but willing buyers keep propping up higher highs..
    I would suggest it is just a falling currency effect. The more our dollar drops, the better it gets for our farmers growing our world class produce.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I would suggest it is just a falling currency effect. The more our dollar drops, the better it gets for our farmers growing our world class produce.

SNOOPY
    Agree, that's one side of it. I'm sure there's bit more than just the currency effect atm.

Dilettante

Agree, that's one side of it. I'm sure there's bit more than just the currency effect atm.
    She just keeps on creeping up and atm a healthy level of bids in the 560-570 range. I'm a bit like you sb9, I'm starting to suspect there is more to this than just the FX rate !!

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She just keeps on creeping up and atm a healthy level of bids in the 560-570 range. I'm a bit like you sb9, I'm starting to suspect there is more to this than just the FX rate !!
    Someone is happy to keep mopping them up whatever is on offer even at slightly premium price. Wouldn't be surprised if we hit $6 before HY results announced later this month.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...boosts-returns

Record prices for our commodities (dairy, meat etc) with the lower NZ$ providing a further boost.

Happy times down at the farm.

Meanwhile, what’s brewing at PGW in their talks with the Chinese?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://<br /> https://www.rnz.co.nz/...boosts-returns

Record prices for our commodities (dairy, meat etc) with the lower NZ$ providing a further boost.
    The peak within the last 6 months for the NZD top USD exchange rate came about the end of October 2021 and was US0.72c= NZD1, and it has subsequently fallen around 10% from that peak.

The Global Dairy Price Index, priced in USD, has moved from 1250 to 1450 over the same period, a rise of 16%. In NZD terms that is a rise of (1450/1250 x (72/65) = 28.5%

The PGW share price over that same period rose from around $4.50 to $5.70 today, a rise of 26%. So you might argue the PGW share price is only reflecting current commodity price trends. But then again, despite the ups and downs of farm output prices, a share price reflects the medium future outlook as well, and that continues to be good. So maybe the recent share price rise is not unexpected?

Happy times down at the farm.
    You know better than that Balance. Farmers are never happy, only less grumpy ;-P

Meanwhile, what’s brewing at PGW in their talks with the Chinese?
    Probably nothing. Alan Lai has his 'get out of jail free card', with the underlying price of PGW shares offsetting any debt that remains at Agria, while utilising the strong PGW dividend flow to pay down debt further. The Chinese government seem content with their own 12.928% stake of 9,758,754 shares (as at 20-10-2020). Looking at the share price chart as regards shares volumes traded only exceeded 50k for one day over the last two months. No evidence here of any meaningful further accumulation that I can see.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 05-02-2022 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Corrected GDP Index rise as per post 5220 (thanks Snowey)
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

According to The Economist's​ latest “burgernomics” update, a Big Mac cost NZ$7 in New Zealand and US$5.81 in the United States, making the implied exchange rate $1.20.

But the real exchange rate was $1.52, suggesting the New Zealand currency was 20.9 per cent undervalued against the greenback.

How's that change the model, Snoopy

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The peak within the last 6 months for the NZD top USD exchange rate came about the end of October 2021 and was US0.72c= NZD1, and it has subsequently fallen around 10% from that peak.

The Global Dairy Price Index, priced in USD, has moved from 1250 to 1450 over the same period, a rise of 16%. In NZD terms that is a rise of 16% x (72/65) = 18%
    (1450 / 1250 ) * ( 72 / 65 ) = 1.285

A 28.5% increase
    om mani peme hum