sharetrader
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Ring the bell to yesterdays frantic tech & asian adr buying.
    AOB WIT EBAY KEP

MOT reorts after the bell.
    AAPL looks pretty tasty right now support at 78.90's
    Insider buying on discovery channel very interesting, strong brand huge PE of over 100 but a CONTENT PROVIDER with strong brand.... rare.

Joined George Soros in ISE a few days ago. Great rise on the back of yesterdays panic and today....

News Story
    ISE Announces Daily Record Trading Volume
    10:03 AM EST January 19, 2006

The International Securities Exchange (NYSE: ISE), the world's largest equity options exchange, today announced that it set a record for daily trading volume of 3,385,677 equity and index contracts on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 surpassing the previous record of 3,240,012 contracts set on April 15, 2005.

ISE Background

The International Securities Exchange, the world's largest equity options exchange, was founded on the principle that technology fosters and infuses new efficiencies and operational innovations into securities trading. After developing an innovative market structure that integrated auction market principles into an advanced screen-based trading system, ISE launched the first fully electronic US options exchange in May 2000. ISE continually enhances its trading systems to provide investors with the best marketplace to execute their options orders.

For more information about ISE, its products and its technology, visit www.iseoptions.com.

SOURCE: International Securities Exchange
    International Securities Exchange Media: Bruce Goldberg, 212-897-8168 bgoldberg@iseoptions.com or Investors: Thomas Gibbons, 212-897-8167 tgibbons@iseoptions.com

ISE might make a good hedgey hold for Mister Cullen's gnomes this year of VIX breakout???

You hear that gnomes! Buy ISE and remove capital gains tax on overseas share investments with the profits.
    http://www.kittydashwood.com - advice from a small black and white house cat, who favours a gap up on a red doji.

Good luck with your investments everybody kdw is hanging up the keyboard and retiring early.
    I guess the most reliable patterns for this market are the J-hook in sell off and the MACD cross prior to gaps up.

WHAT A SHAME, I MISS YOUR POSTS!!

XSNX & GROW...nice

kitty, u still doing this, keep it up

as im gonna start trading again soon after august on wall street
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Yes I am still getting up at 1.30am and trading the US exchange.
    I will post details of my trades here
    http://www.kittydashwood.com/

For what it's worth there is a 75% chance that Monday will see the markets rise.
    They are massively oversold and SPY DOW and QQQQ all below long term support. Infact the Nasdaq is at it's lowest level since 2003.
    That 25% downside could be nasty as the charts to friday look a lot like the charts before the 1987 crash. Russel from Dow Theory suggests we are for a major resumption of the bear. SPY to 900 makes a logical fibonacci target, how that translates in NZ is hard to gauge.

Now I try to be cash every night as I do not take the short side.
    However some days I take up overnight positions.
    Good trading available on the volitility.

Good Luck All

DISC. HOLD
    SLB VLO ICE ISE TAYD MTW IWM PGG FBU PPP CGMO PPOA IFTWB CGM NZX
    http://www.kittydashwood.com - advice from a small black and white house cat, who favours a gap up on a red doji.

Wall Street’s Women Face a Fork in the Road

By JENNY ANDERSON
    Published: August 6, 2006 NYTIMES

IN the spring of 2000, Elizabeth Stoeber, an ambitious 32-year-old investment banker at Morgan Stanley, flew to California to visit a client in the throes of a multibillion-dollar stock deal. The technology boom was under way, and Ms. Stoeber was on a roll; she was working on a high-profile deal in a profession she adored. With her in first class was her 9-month-old son; in coach sat her German nanny.

Elizabeth Stoeber of South Orange, N.J., left Wall Street in 2001 but now wants to return. With her are her sons, Karsten, 7, and Johannes, 2.

By Ms. Stoeber’s account, it was an ideal time. During the day, she visited investors; at night, she used a company car to cruise around Beverly Hills with her son. “I thought I was making it work,” Ms. Stoeber, now 39, recalls. She had a successful career in the cutthroat, male-dominated world of banking, a happy family, a good marriage and a supportive boss.

Within a year, things had fallen out of balance. Resenting handing her son’s childhood over to nannies, she accepted a job as chief operating officer within Morgan Stanley’s media banking group, an administrative post that allowed her to work part time. That plan fizzled. “Off” days ended up as afternoons in the park doing business on her cellphone while her son begged her to play.

When the tech bubble burst in 2000, Morgan Stanley cut her job. To stay, she would have had to reconsider full-time work. Yet three days a week was already a struggle. In 2001, Ms. Stoeber left Wall Street. Since then, she has started a consulting firm and now works for a boutique investment bank.

“I was absolutely determined to stay professionally attractive,” she said.

Now she wants to rejoin banking’s major leagues. And her timing should be perfect: Wall Street says it is looking at women like Ms. Stoeber with new interest, hoping to rehire those who left for personal reasons while continuing to woo new female recruits.

But getting back on track on Wall Street has proven more difficult than Ms. Stoeber, or the banks seeking her services, might have imagined. Although banks are doing much more than paying lip service to the notion of retaining women or enticing them back to work, executives say long-term success means fundamentally changing the way Wall Street works. Gordon Gekko, Hollywood’s idea of a swashbuckling, suspenders-clad banker, did not telecommute. Women remain the minority sex on the Street and many young recruits say they have grown more circumspect about a career there.

The Street says it wants to change all of this, not simply because it is socially expedient but because the financial world needs a diverse work force to make money and court clients — especially when clients themselves are not homogeneous.

“You can’t build a great company without great people, and great people are not just white, straight men aged 25 to 40,” said Joe Gregory, president of Lehman Brothers. According to a study by Columbia University’s Center for Work-Life Balance, white males represent just 17 percent of the global talent pool of individuals with graduate education.

WOMEN’S aversion to intersecting with Wall Street appears to be mounting: Generation Y, also dubbed the “Millennials,” say they value balance more than financial security, suggesting fewer will gravitate to the cutthroat environs of the Street. Bank executives say fewer female M.B.A.’s are choosing careers on the Street, and the banks also say they have had limited success stanching the flow of women who leave midcareer. Of course, not all women leave to raise a family. Some elect to care for parents who are aging or ill; others seek alternative careers with more manageable hours.

According to interviews conducted by Universum, a company that helps employers brand themselves to attract employees more effectively, current female undergraduate and graduate students at top universities express hope that Wall Street will be both a manageable place to work and

Like your blog Kitty, watching with interest to see how you go

The Chile Fund first attracted me with it's single country focus and it's good dividend.
    Stopped out of half of my position back in late April when the wheels feel off the emerging market stock prices. Many stateside got nervous about the new leftist PM. Still Chile has the most robust democracy in South America and more copper than Australia.
    CH recently appeared on my improving conditions scan. I will look to resume my full position tonight.

Houston Chronicle, USA

Chile, China Ratify Free Trade Accord

9 August 2006

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) - Chile’s Senate on Wednesday unanimously voted to ratify a free trade agreement with China, Foreign Minister Alejandro Foxley said.

All 31 senators approved the accord, which had been ratified by the lower house of Congress last month and is expected to take effect this year.

The accord calls for the lifting of duties for 92 of the products exchanged by the two countries over 10 years.

Both governments expect the deal will rapidly increase bilateral trade which reached $6.9 billion last year, with a $1.8 billion surplus for Chile.

Chile could "become a bridge of union between Asia and South America," Foxley said.

During the first half of this year trade totaled $3.6 billion, with a $647 million surplus for Chile.

The first products to be exempted from duties are Chilean copper and other minerals, vegetables, fish oil, fish, chicken, shrimp, peaches, nectarines, as well as Chinese machinery, televisions, printers, computers and automobiles.

Chile has in recent years signed free trade deals with the United States, South Korea, Mexico, Canada, the European Union, New Zealand and Singapore, and has advanced talks on deals with India and Japan.

Failure to hold onto todays gains stateside would have been very disappointing for a few big players. I'm sure they'll get sick of losing and stop playing soon. Up 50 points by 10 am up 100 by lucnhtime, IWM bid right up to the descending trendline and for a few moments worked up to 68.73 before the monster unload at 68.67 For a few moments the java depth display froze under the weight of 7.3 billion changing hands at market.

I got hurt in the steel sector, stopped out of my sole trade of the day. OS threatened to reclaim 49$ then was the first sector to fail straight after the opening rally.
    Reduced IWM at 68.71 reduced CME on huge OBV downdraft lately, sold a few GROW into new breakout strength (22.35)
    Of course it kept going. Made a few longterm buys on MVL NWY ODFL PAC IPSU MTW

Some hotspots still exist and will be worth watching in select sectors. But for someone with a long only game i seem to be working for the broker this month.