sharetrader
Page 110 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1268

The 'Sudden' interest in NWF resulting in the current price is a mystery to me. Yes I know it has a great yield, but its been like that for ages and the share price hasn't budged. I can't believe that investors had a 'Eureka' moment and pulled out the wallet at the same time. Still, its great news for me. Sail on baby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punter View Post
    The 'Sudden' interest in NWF resulting in the current price is a mystery to me. Yes I know it has a great yield, but its been like that for ages and the share price hasn't budged. I can't believe that investors had a 'Eureka' moment and pulled out the wallet at the same time. Still, its great news for me. Sail on baby.
    I'd say there's plenty of holdings that investors have neglected for various reasons on the NZX - OCA and HGH being two recent examples for their own reasons. Doesn't necessarily imply that interest now is unfounded.

HGH is probably a good comparison. Small player in a market dominated by significantly larger operators. Volumes traditionally have been low, and comparatively tiny market cap, with both receiving minimal attention as a result, despite a relatively reliable and high-yielding dividend.

OCA model just not particularly well understood by general investing public, or probably - until recently - brokers too.

Aside from that, would assume that on surface level interest is on the back of MEL / CEN / TLT movements, increased attention on green investing and ETFs, and in more of a round-about way, Biden win.

For those looking a bit below the surface, new VVFP contract provides a degree of revenue certainty to Dec-2021, and Tiwai commitment for another two years is positive for wholesale pricing at next renegotiation as will support wholesale pricing from a demand perspective.

Both of which support dividend strong yield at current SP range for a further 12-24 months. Assets have useful life of at lease 10+ years without maintenance, which we know is being completed as per annual reports.

Maybe why it's becoming all aboard.
    Last edited by wagwan; 26-01-2021 at 05:13 PM.

These babies don't seem to have a stop button. 21.5 must be a record high surely? Keep on rockin baby.

Advanced Member

Thinly traded, and because you can buy more shares for a dollar than most other companies, the newbies think it is cheap. Yet another sign the market has gone mad.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Thinly traded, and because you can buy more shares for a dollar than most other companies, the newbies think it is cheap. Yet another sign the market has gone mad.
    Maybe but the dividend yield still stacks up okay.

These babies don't seem to have a stop button. 21.5 must be a record high surely? Keep on rockin baby.
    They were $1.00 and $1.05 at listing and subsequent release of further shares........

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    They were $1.00 and $1.05 at listing and subsequent release of further shares........
    Cheers Grimy, I wasn't over them back at listing time.

Cheers Grimy, I wasn't over them back at listing time.
    Unfortunately I was :-(

But happily I'm now above my average buy-in price. My biggest holding and happy with how the dividend and now share price have been going.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Unfortunately I was :-(

But happily I'm now above my average buy-in price. My biggest holding and happy with how the dividend and now share price have been going.
    Me too, although I later sold for around 70cents. Been back in last year or Two at much lower prices than today, so overall in the black.

I just couldn't resist taking the 80% profit @ 23c this morning-I'm out. However, when the honeymoon is over, I'll probably get back in.