sharetrader
Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1268
    Legend

The Eagle on the ridge at Palmy has decreed all lucky NWF Holders to be worthy of a further reward:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/364889

"NZX announcement

For immediate release

NZ WINDFARMS LIMITED (NWF) 0.40 CPS UNIMPUTED DIVIDEND

The Board is pleased to announce a 0.40 cent per share unimputed dividend to the holders of NZ Windfarms Limited shares.

The dividend payment will be paid to shareholders on 31 December 2020, for shareholders who hold shares as at the record date of 5pm on 22 December 2020.

Please refer to the attached distribution notice for further information.

The Board recently completed its second Variable Volume Fixed Price Agreement (VVFPA) and released its FY2021 EBITDAF guidance range to the market.

At year end, the Board retained a cash buffer until such time as the second VVFPA was finalised. Now that has been finalised, the Board feels that it is appropriate to free up that cash for distribution to shareholders.

In addition, the Board is developing a formal dividend policy and is expected to be released next year.

On behalf of the Board and management, I would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year."

Merry Christmas & a Prosperous New Year to all at NWF !

Certainly a nice little New Year's Eve div.
    Although it had always seemed to be a when, not if, one.

Advanced Member

And the fact that they are paying it out of cash reserves, means they are happy the recent offtake renewal is favourable, to replenish the kitty.
    These guys know how to generate cash...out of fresh air.
    !3% divs in 12 months
    Last edited by Getty; 11-12-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    And the fact that they are paying it out of cash reserves, means they are happy the recent offtake renewal is favourable, to replenish the kitty.
    These guys know how to generate cash...out of fresh air.
    !3% divs in 12 months

Recent Divs paid by NWF -

1.05 cps unimputed for the company financial year 2018/2019
    1.80 cps unimputed for the company financial year 2019/2020
    0.40 cps unimputed so far with latest Div included for current financial year 2020/2021

is pretty good in current low interest environment, even after the 33% IRD's DWT gets deducted out..

Firm dividend policy review in new year may well signal a rerating due by the market out there - who knows.

The 31 December 2020 0.4 cps is reported on NZX distribution notice as 'Quarterly'

'These guys know how to Generate Cash out of Fresh Air' - Very good - it's true !
    Last edited by nztx; 11-12-2020 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add more

I read that as 40c dividend and my brain exploded

Advanced Member

Why are wind related stocks around the world flying up in price, but NWF never goes anywhere? No sign of expanding or actually doing anything. Is the plan just to let the turbines spin round till they fall off.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why are wind related stocks around the world flying up in price, but NWF never goes anywhere? No sign of expanding or actually doing anything. Is the plan just to let the turbines spin round till they fall off.
    Dassets might be able to answer that question, but presumably there's little more that can be done (with the current site) other than routine maintenance until they get closer to EoL and then can look at redeveloping the site for newer designs. Or until someone buys them out and does it for them.

We have said publicly that we are looking at this as an option. We cannot say anything further until we have material information. At AGM s and other announcements we have said that a re power is technically feasible but must be financially viable. A brownfield redevelopment can use other infrastructure that exists. We will keep working on it and when we have have a robust case will report publicly at the first instance. When I have more info I will report. Hope people liked the Christmas dividend, btw the money is shareholders money so why not pay it out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    We have said publicly that we are looking at this as an option. We cannot say anything further until we have material information. At AGM s and other announcements we have said that a re power is technically feasible but must be financially viable. A brownfield redevelopment can use other infrastructure that exists. We will keep working on it and when we have have a robust case will report publicly at the first instance. When I have more info I will report. Hope people liked the Christmas dividend, btw the money is shareholders money so why not pay it out
    Yes, I will love the Christmas dividend....when it hits my B/A....end of month I think. Thanks.
    Appreciate you commenting on the forum. Adds real info rather than speculation.

Have a good Christmas.
    RTM

NWF is not my taste, it is like fixed income assets, no growth so far. However, my wife bought hell lot truck of NWF and other three similar type company shares. I asked why you hold so heavily in this one? She said that it is climate change, and she plans to hold it for 4-5 years minimum. Ok.....that is fine..... I would like to pay my tax on my tradings. Maybe I will fail to beat up my wife's long term holding portfolio after 5 years. Actually not too bad if the dividend yield always higher than deposit rate. The management of this company is not bad, although they do not aggressively focus on business growth.