sharetrader
Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Just to clarify my comments, and expand on the above. The $50m I mentioned was the total cost of the project, so 50% would be $25m. 3 news item implies/states that 50% cost is now up to $35m. Appears to be good buying by them.

slow learner

It appears not everyone things it was a good buy....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4788473a13.html

Advanced Member

Dont think they are complaining that the assets are overpriced , just that NWF didnt make B and B suffer.

Interesting situation really, do you hope your partner goes into liquidation in the hope of picking up the pieces or do you offer a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Dont think they are complaining that the assets are overpriced , just that NWF didnt make B and B suffer.

Interesting situation really, do you hope your partner goes into liquidation in the hope of picking up the pieces or do you offer a fair price.
    It may also be a case of maximising the overall investment of both pieces. It could be that if they waited to try and get a better deal that the NPV of the 50% that they own drops if it meant the project suffers delays, plus not wanting another party to buy the other half. Very difficult to pass too much commnet when we are not privy to all the commercial information.

Arrow It All Sounds Good..

AS the shareholder now owns the BIZ 100% and the the company can forge on to
    completion of the field what is not know and not stated is what one of these mills will
    earn so it can be turned into PROFITS..

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    AS the shareholder now owns the BIZ 100% and the the company can forge on to
    completion of the field what is not know and not stated is what one of these mills will
    earn so it can be turned into PROFITS..
    I asked NWF what there expected income will be as they have had turbines running on site for a year now (although on restricted capacity), so they must have all the weather conditions and performance data for that site. There (not very forth coming) response was within "designed criteria"!

Arrow It All Sounds Good..

Quote Originally Posted by Financially dependant View Post
    I asked NWF what there expected income will be as they have had turbines running on site for a year now (although on restricted capacity), so they must have all the weather conditions and performance data for that site. There (not very forth coming) response was within "designed criteria"!
    BUT having read the last annual report in detail they are on the right track, however
    cash & divs are a long way off all depends on the time you can wait most need the cash now
    this is a long term wait and hope NO problems come out of the BLUE..

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    BUT having read the last annual report in detail they are on the right track, however
    cash & divs are a long way off all depends on the time you can wait most need the cash now
    this is a long term wait and hope NO problems come out of the BLUE..
    Hi Bricks, whole heartedly agree..

I see NWF got there waiver!

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...S=NWF&N=174314

Default More electricity

There are strong rumours circulating in the Deep South in regards to the
    Comalco Alum. Smelter..... It Could Close.
    Now if it does, then all that electricity will be available to the Nationial
    Grid.
    Not so good for NZ Windfarms I would suggest.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    There are strong rumours circulating in the Deep South in regards to the
    Comalco Alum. Smelter..... It Could Close.
    Now if it does, then all that electricity will be available to the Nationial
    Grid.
    Not so good for NZ Windfarms I would suggest.
    BB
    Wow that would be major for NZ but I always thought that Comalco is one of the cheaper smelters in the world and any closure would I believe be temporary. With the fall in shipping costs I think that some of the expensive smelters will be shut down. Just wondering who would hold on the longest. Look at those in countries with more expensive power to go first.

However if that happens then I would have a sell on the Kiwi vs most of the major currencies. Still it would hurt the spot price and the Thermal generators as Manapouri power would go onto the spot market. Still transmission issues could limit the effect on the spot price.