sharetrader
Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1268

Quote Originally Posted by shareman View Post
    End of the day, shareholders wanted the repower, how it is going to be funded is another question but the repower surely is the right thing to do by shareholders
    Perhaps voluntary liquidation is a better option. Where are the old blades to be buried by the way?

Burning through potential capital raising proceeds on a technology that doesn't stack up without subsidies on it or hefty taxes on fossil fuels is not a good idea.

Want to address climate change in a meaningful way? Ban all trade with key carbon producing nations: USA, India and China in particular and watch New Zealand's standard of living adjust back to primitive.

Now that's a real sacrifice in pursuit of climate change goals.

The fact is nothing New Zealand does makes one iota of difference to climate change.

Wind and solar are largely misallocations of capital supported by subsidies and/or taxes on fossil fuels.
    Last edited by Recaster; 07-05-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Legend

End of the day, shareholders wanted the repower, how it is going to be funded is another question but the repower surely is the right thing to do by shareholders

What enhanced results will Repowering produce ?

More of the same ? or worse after Funding solutions come through ?

Of course a Cap Raise may see control go elsewhere and may well be a final nail in the coffin for existing holders
    then minimalised. No major contributor for a Cap Rise is likely to be attracted without either substantial benefits
    or at worst an exit strategy ..

Guru

How do you know the shareholders wanted the re-power? I am a shareholder and I want them to run down the existing assets till they are worthless and take the cash flows this provides and return the cashflow to me the shareholder.

Re-powering without subsidies or with, is going to cost more than it will generate. A real nail in the coffin. Not something I am getting excited about.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    How do you know the shareholders wanted the re-power? I am a shareholder and I want them to run down the existing assets till they are worthless and take the cash flows this provides and return the cashflow to me the shareholder.

Re-powering without subsidies or with, is going to cost more than it will generate. A real nail in the coffin. Not something I am getting excited about.
    Largely agree .
    They seem to have two aims-the first to repower with fewer and larger turbines and secondly add new large turbines on the boundary .
    I am concerned about recent posts that seem to be down ramping suggesting that the existing turbines will be disposed before completing their economic life .
    That seems stupid so I cannot believe this is planned .
    I suspect the plan is to install the new turbines over a few years on the boundary and over decades as the existing turbines become uneconomic .

https://environment.govt.nz/assets/w...2_Redacted.pdf

2.1 generating employment by providing approximately 197 direct full-timeequivalent (FTE) jobs over a 3-year construction period, and 40 direct ongoingFTE jobs once construction is complete

how can it feed 197 FTE during 3 year construction and 40 FTE after construction completion? plus over 1 million consulting fee to some members in board? consulting fee..... pretty much like kiwibuild, light rail etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post

You got my nearly 1 million shares vote. I support you to replace current board member.

Guru

From memory original float was for $100m?
    Didn't they then do capital raise for another $20m a long the way?
    And they only recently brought back transmission lines?

Quite a lot of "depreciation" there

Capitalized value now at $50m?

If repowered, capilisation would be?

What sort of return is it likely to be?

Have been an investor along the way but not now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    From memory original float was for $100m?
    Didn't they then do capital raise for another $20m a long the way?
    And they only recently brought back transmission lines?

Quite a lot of "depreciation" there

Capitalized value now at $50m?

If repowered, capilisation would be?

What sort of return is it likely to be?

Have been an investor along the way but not now thanks

Market value = 38.9m today
    debt = 9.1m
    Net Assets = 5.2m, this could be nearly zero after write down old turbines.

then they are going to run a at least $20m + project, under such sky-high interests rate lending market. That comes from $1m+ consulting idea............ without government funding or sell this company with consent, this is a commit suicide.

Currently cannot find the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement from their annual report.

Guru

Thanks FL for more accurate financials. Shows how little I follow this Co. & confirms for me really where I rank it
    "Buffett: The biggest investing opportunities are 'other people doing dumb things'"
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/buffe...115755161.html
    Says a lot really

Guru

I just hope that the Left/Labour/Greenies are taking note of what does go wrong with unreliable power generators, better to stick to reliable sources, water, coal & oil.