sharetrader
Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

the high central plain in spain has lots of relatively empty central otago/ desert road type land. when tour buses turn the corner and are suddenly faced with a horizon full of wind turbines, they all screech to a stop and the tourists leap out with cameras.

and not just japanese ones. scamper thought it was the most spectacular sight we'd seen for hours. they had grace, beauty, and mystery ... no doubt helped along by thoughts of don quixote and sancho.

there didn't seem to be any farmhouses (or castles) within cooee, and the spanish locals were very proud of their non-polluting windmills.

i'd be prepared to pay more for wind and photovoltaic energy. cheers.

PT, eight days ago this Happy Camper was visiting the turbines too. That wasn't you up there with your german shepherd was it?

A bit tricky getting the campervan turned around up there, but it was well worth the drive.

Cheers

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

No Happy Camper, I was 500km away having lunch with my Dutch sharebroker.
    om mani peme hum

Good chance I own a small part of those Spanish wind turbines Scamper ... Bab****and Brown Wind Partners ( BBW: ASX ) ... cheap stock, currently at about $1.45 with performance fees paid to manager up to about $1.80 ( shares have fallen 25% from recent peak ) Wind farms in Spain, Germany, USA and Australia. Good dividend yield ( around 11.5cps ) and undoubted long term future. Put some along side you KIP's !! ( Cheap to A$ with your Kiwi one's at prtesent as well !! )
    nelehdine

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by nelehdine

Good chance I own a small part of those Spanish wind turbines Scamper ... Bab****and Brown Wind Partners ( BBW: ASX ) ... cheap stock, currently at about $1.45 with performance fees paid to manager up to about $1.80 ( shares have fallen 25% from recent peak ) Wind farms in Spain, Germany, USA and Australia. Good dividend yield ( around 11.5cps ) and undoubted long term future. Put some along side you KIP's !! ( Cheap to A$ with your Kiwi one's at prtesent as well !! )
    I did some research following your mention of B & B Wind Partners, Enid/Helen, and as a result I bought 10,000 last week. I have viewed the wind generation game with a fair bit of cynicism up till now, but there seems little doubt that it is coming into its own and costs are coming down. I like the idea of investing in a wider portfolio and geographic spread than that offered by investment in NWF. I also agree that its a good time to be buying $A with Kiwi $s.
    Thanks for the tip.

Default Wind beginning to blow in its favour

Windfarms up 30% since the recent malaise. Up 7% today on heavy volume, over half a million $ today Many have said it won't make much. Just a steady earner. Perhaps timing is everything Certainly trending back up OBV and all indicators looking positive. With the emphasis on 90% renewable this little one is sure to benefit.
    Discl. Own a few.

Hope this is the best thread to continue?

Default News getting better

It's been interesting, the shares were trading from around 1.50 to 2.20 before the enormous cash issue and cornetone investment which on one hand is positive, but the sheer size in the increased capitalisation meant that the price was always going to drop heavily in the short term to somewhere around the rights issue price. Only now starting to show signs of shrugging that off. A few months back Amro Craigs had them as a buy with a target price of $1.60
    This sector is getting a lot of interest now which I believe will continue.

It would be nice to think that you can combine the environment and business for a win/win outcome. I hold these shares, which I think will have a good, solid future. But I also remember my last great ethical investment...anyone remember the Environ IPO of the late 80's? And it was a great idea, probably wrong country, definitely wrong time!

Quote Originally Posted by nelehdine View Post
    i like the windfarm concept, especially in nz with the carbon trading coming in.
    i also like bbw as mentioned by neledine last year...looking good, might be worth a bite as its just a little more diversified than nwf.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Advanced Member

I like the concept of wind generation mixed with hydro, where one backs up the other. I think wind generation is all or nothing, and requires back up by hydro or some other generation, such as tidal or wave generation. The only company that fits the bill at the moment is TPW who are sitting in the box seat. I dont know of any other NZX company that has both at the moment but could be wrong. Macdunk