sharetrader
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

why do you say that maccy dee?
    unless you were a company, (like tpw) that sells to the end consumer there isnt really a need?
    with windfarms, aren't they just wholesale electricity suppliers to the national grid, and given they run off averages per year it should concern them if they have a few still days.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

So, whats the chances of the Windfarm Board being able to work with Stiassny. I'm picking a rocky road ahead for all involved.

Vector gets two seats on NZ Windfarms board

By NZPA
    Thursday 1st November 2007

Vector chairman Michael Stiassny and acting chief executive Simon Mackenzie have been appointed to the board of NZ Windfarms.

Windfarms chairman Derek Walker said Vector got the right to take up the board seats when it bought 19.99% of the company earlier this year.
    Toddy

Advanced Member

This company is fairly unloved at the present time , general market weakness combined with a percieved lack of activity or news has seen these slowy drift downwards.

There are a number of reasons why this drift may not last.

1) Carbon credits , sure to benefit from these in some shape or form

2) The government decision to allow no more fossil fuel power stations for ten years. Some saying electricity cost could rise dramatically because of this

3) Vector taking seats on the board should help to push things along.

Progress does seem rather slow at the moment , any idea when there going to be something to bring out the buyers?

it's going to be a couple of years before nwf matures

but when it does... oh boy

Advanced Member

This stock reminds me of the cheese ad "good things take time"
    They are moving in the right direction but progress remains slow. Todays announcement is good news though , by the time they have all the turbines up at their first farm they should be ready to start on the otago project.
    Recent noises from the government about sustainable energy is also very promising

WindPower Maungatua Ltd announced today that NZ Windfarms Limited has increased its 16.7 per cent shareholding in WindPower Maungatua to 50 per cent.
    WindPower Maungatua holds the development rights to a promising wind farm site near Dunedin and Director David Tucker warmly welcomed NZ Windfarms’ investment.

Advanced Member

A further 16 wind turbines have been ordered for Te Rere Hau wind farm, near Palmerston North.
    Te Rere Hau Wind Farm, in which NZ Windfarms Limited has a 50% shareholding, confirmed the order has been placed with Windflow Technology.
    Sixty turbines have now been ordered.
    Te Rere Hau has resource consent for 97 turbines and was scheduled for completion in mid-2009. Five turbines, commissioned in September 2006, are already in place.

Slowly but surely the plan is unfolding. Should be an increase in interest as the project moves forward

This stock reminds me of the Tui ad, not the cheese ad.

"Yeah right"
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Default all set for nice run

I'm no chart expert, but looks like there is a breakout. With broker valutions at $1.60 and the IP valued at nil based on the cash issue price of $1.10 the the renewable energy starting to be told I think the Rat's assessment is reasonable.
    I also noticed in SST they are advertising a few positions for technical experts.

Advanced Member

I, too, have been starting to take a bit of interest in this one, and its associate Windflow Technology, particularly with all the talk about the attractiveness of the alternative energy sector. Well, that was until I got talking to a friend who is in a senior position in the energy technology area and he is of the firm opinion (backed by someone in a very key position in the energy sector, who is a well-known public figure but who I am not prepared to name) that Windflow's two-bladed turbines are quite the wrong way to go.
    I respect these peoples' advice, but I leave it to you to make up your own minds.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    that Windflow's two-bladed turbines are quite the wrong way to go.
    The europeans have been making them for longer and they ruled out the 2 blade design a while ago. Makes you wonder.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk