sharetrader
Page 55 of 127 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

https://nzx.com/companies/NWF/announcements/291417

Those people who wanted Vector out of the way have got their wish.
    Now what!

Rather short notice....something's going on.
    I don't know a lot about Simon but 8 years as Group Chief Executive for Vector you'd think he'd know a thing or two.

Flugenbear;642173]Rather short notice....something's going on.
    I don't know a lot about Simon but 8 years as Group Chief Executive for Vector you'd think he'd know a thing or two.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a complete take over offer coming from Vector, board has to be impartial ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    Flugenbear;642173]Rather short notice....something's going on.
    I don't know a lot about Simon but 8 years as Group Chief Executive for Vector you'd think he'd know a thing or two.
    Maybe a complete take over offer coming from Vector, board has to be impartial ?.[/QUOTE]

Could someone smarter than myself clarify/speculate what would a complete takeover from Vector mean for those holding NWF?

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Maybe a complete take over offer coming from Vector, board has to be impartial ?.

Could someone smarter than myself clarify/speculate what would a complete takeover from Vector mean for those holding NWF?
    Not pretending to be smarter than yourself (well, I don't know ...), but a takeover of NWF by Vector would make lots of sense - they could immediately move towards profitability, just by removing the management overhead and NZX listing overhead.

Question is - how much of this money would they be prepared to share with the other share holders (vs keeping it for themselves)?

Current SP is 7 cents, NTA (reflecting long term earning potential) is 14 cents, though should be more for VCT, given that they could save a lot of money by just turning them into a Vector department;

Just speculating - but might end up with an offer somewhere in the (early) 10 cents (maybe 10 to 12), however obviously only if VCT thinks that NWF is now "de-risked" enough in terms of resource consents and neighbourhood disputes to be happy for them to put their name on the company ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-10-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Could someone smarter than myself clarify/speculate what would a complete takeover from Vector mean for those holding NWF?[/QUOTE]

It would mean adios NWF and for those holding you may or may not be rewarded but hopefully you are more likely to be rewarded than not.

Some encouraging comments from you guys.
    I would love to think you are right.
    I would even be happy to take Vector shares as payment.

https://nzx.com/companies/NWF/announcements/291617

Sudden and immediate resignation by Simon McKenzie followed immediate appointment of Sean Joyce - who looks like a very high powered apointment.
    Definitely something brewing.

https://nzx.com/companies/NWF/announcements/291773

A bit too much upheaval for my liking.
    What do you guys make of this?

Yep the sh*t definitely hitting the turbine, something up. Watching closely.