sharetrader
Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast

Thanks Horus,

I looked at the 5 day rain forecast before my post and it isn't showing that over the catchment areas. Obviously things can be different to forecast but the catchment areas need more than rain for a few hours.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    no real surprises there. trucking along.

Long Member

looks to be continued high spot prices, no real let up in low hydro levels, bodes well for a profitable 2018

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    looks to be continued high spot prices, no real let up in low hydro levels, bodes well for a profitable 2018
    The hydro levels may have gotten a huge boost today though.... so that may ease pressure on prices. I note spot prices are already a lot lower today than last week. Although that said, the snow storage is looking dire and the geothermal boys may have to stop at some stage for maintenance etc. I see they are still going hard out on coal at Huntly as well.

To be confirmed. I hear that Pukaki essentially got missed. Flow rates the next few days will tell. The electricity market is currently in a game of chicken however this game can only be resolved by actual rain in catchments

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    To be confirmed. I hear that Pukaki essentially got missed. Flow rates the next few days will tell. The electricity market is currently in a game of chicken however this game can only be resolved by actual rain in catchments
    And if I am correct, it is Pukaki that is the big driver, Tekapo not so much, and Waikato nearly irrelevant?

Will be interesting to see how the flow rates are in the coming days.

you have to watch hawea and manapouri/te anau as well. you dont know till after easter.

Missed by that much

Hawea has gone up 40 cm and likely to peak about 10 cm higher. That will be around 20 GWh of gained storage. Nice but not significant.

Manapouri and Te Anau are still rising slowly and look to adding another 20+ GWh.

Overall, it is a small increase but not the drought breaker that we need

Thanks Jantar. That confirms what I heard yesterday. Will be some more flows to come. Doesnt change the risk that by May/June we go into the 10% risk zone imo. We need a stack of rain. Weird that ASX futures are cheaper this year than next. Makes no sense