sharetrader
Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure how you see a company with an average annual revenue around 6 or 7 million dollars (and this is very optimistic - the recent years have been more like 4 or 5) .
    When you start with obfuscation then I will not respond to the rest. (I think you just did not do the homework and thought it was 4m-5m but maybe you see that its not as bad as you think)
    Revenues in recent years
    2013 $6.9m
    2014 $6.8m
    2015 $7.6m
    2016 $7.2m
    2017 $5.9m
    2018 on track for $8m or thereabouts

So I do not see how recent years closer to 4-5 makes any sense.
    Last edited by blackcap; 27-02-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    When you start with obfuscation then I will not respond to the rest. (I think you just did not do the homework and thought it was 4m-5m but maybe you see that its not as bad as you think)
    Revenues in recent years
    2013 $6.9m
    2014 $6.8m
    2015 $7.6m
    2016 $7.2m
    2017 $5.9m
    2018 on track for $8m or thereabouts

So I do not see how recent years closer to 4-5 makes any sense.
    Strong words ... but yes, you are right, I managed to read the wrong line from my spreadsheet and quoted historic cost rather than historic revenue. Mea culpa - though doesn't change anything re the point I was making (anyway assuming a more optimistic revenue for that).

But look - I don't hold and honestly don't care. You obviously do hold and might be a good example for the effects of the endowment effect.

Nothing to learn here for me - I shall move on.

Good luck.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Could you please elaborate on this fish. Genuinely interested and learning all the time. Why would wind need to be accompanied by a stable source of power? Or do you mean to maximise potential revenues?
    Jantar would be able to explain this better than me
    When I was fishing around some offshore wind turbines in Europe a couple of years ago most of them were not in action-despite a perfect 15 knot breeze

Long Member

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...791/275272.pdf

Salt Funds Management acquired 1/3 (23m) of Vector's shares. still around 40m unaccounted for, will be interesting to see where they end up...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Jantar would be able to explain this better than me
    When I was fishing around some offshore wind turbines in Europe a couple of years ago most of them were not in action-despite a perfect 15 knot breeze
    Thanks fish, and yes Jantar if you are around could you please explain. Would be appreciated. I do read a lot of the reports from WITS and Energy link and other publications but its a bit hard to get the head around all of it, not having a background in the energy sphere.

On another note I see SALT has taken an 11% stake, but already had a few so picked up 23m shares at the 10 cents.
    Last edited by blackcap; 27-02-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Guru

AMP also on the register with 9%.... Thats 51m shares taken care of now.

Long Member

Some better buying today, and a few bids appearing at the 12.5c level. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here and if Salt is done accumulating. After year's of neglect I get the feeling it could be an interesting next 12mths for NWF holders.

Long Member

might not be as many floating round with retail investors aiming to make a quick-buck as initially thought..?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    might not be as many floating round with retail investors aiming to make a quick-buck as initially thought..?
    Well as I mentioned earlier, Salt and AMP took 51m, so only 12m to go.... That is not many at all. Probably why the SP is going up again today.

Well I got 700,000 and don't intend to sell.