sharetrader
Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Put it on the market so the public can buy and sell it. I would love to trade the energy market. It would be fun.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Advanced Member

Default 2008 Hopkins Lecture ....Windfarms

This annual lecture will be given by Geoff Henderson 15th July 8pm at the Town Hall. All welcome.

slow learner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    This annual lecture will be given by Geoff Henderson 15th July 8pm at the Town Hall. All welcome.
    Thanks B, I might come along. I heard Geoff Henderson talk a few years ago but now I have a small holding of NWF I might listen more attentively!

Default 2008 Hopkins Lecture

Description:
    Time: 8.00 pm start (not 6pm as advertised in newsletter)
    Followed by supper

Venue: Christchurch Town Hall
    Limes Room

Geoff will discuss economics, engineering and the environment in the context of the sustainable energy and climate change challenges facing society in the 21st Century. Economics can and should be used to reconcile the conflicting world-views of those who want to defend the environment with those who want to put humanity’s requirements first.

As this is open to the public please feel free to bring along friends and family.

Event Begins:
    15/07/2008 Time 8.00pm

Cost:
    Free

james.park@opus.co.nz

Just watching CNBC. Boone Pickens says that windpower could be the answer to the USA's energy crisis, and is on a crusade to sell the story. Interesting viewing.

I'll look out for you at the lecture Super B. I'd say that you'd get given one of the good seats!

I agree wind and solar are the future

just not sure NWF is the best wind play
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

slow learner

Thumbs up On the up

NWF are slowly moving in a positive direction, share price and developments at Te Rara Hue...

From WTL news letter 24:
    http://www.windflow.co.nz/news/newsl...etter%2024.pdf

7 stage 2 turbines plus 5 stage 1 turbines to be commissioned and connected to the new grid by end of August. That's unrestricted power generation and increase in income.

slow learner

Thumbs up

Amazing performance today on such a bad day, second highest lift on the NSX. up 8.4%.

The end of the month should be important milestone with 12 turbines coming on stream.

Price seems to have bounced back to where it was sitting a few days ago. Mainly small buyers at the moment but good support building for the increasing price.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a small delay in installation due to the bad weather the last couple of weeks. They may have allowed for a few wet days so will be interesting to see. Fingers crossed the sunshine lasts and NWF can make the most of it.

Herbacious

Guys, the 8.4% lift in value was on the back of 2000 shares. Hardly what you'd call an increase in support. Liquidity is pretty key in these sorts of shares. When the volume starts to build as well, then you can start to celebrate a bit.

I thnk i will try and buy some now.

By the way, Phaedrus.
    NWF must have broken out by now.
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”