sharetrader
Page 66 of 127 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Guru

I'm liking the price action on the market this morning. But also liking the wholesale price https://www1.electricityinfo.co.nz/ currently and the last month. Futures on the ASX are up substantially as well and this can only be good for NWF.
    But long term these prices are not sustainable, however I like the direction of new management and efforts undertaken thus far to turn NWF into a sustainable profit and dividend generator.

I think it is looking good for NWF. The new management team have certainly turned things around. It seems that wholesale prices are significantly higher this year compared to last year so I am really eager to see acquisition of alternative generation capacity ie LPG powered generators, as discussed at the AGM to take advantage of those high prices when the wing isn't blowing. I will certainly be hanging on to my shares.

Long Member

more solid buying this morning around 14.5c.

It's just my thoughts, but was wondering whether NWF would be on the radar to be snapped up by one of the larger gen-tailers?

- low cost acquisition cost relative to building a wind-farm from scratch ($40m mcap vs ~$100m+ build cost)
    - self contained generation incl transmission lines, in one location
    - renewable energy
    - difficulty in obtaining new permits
    - Defered tax losses of circa 75m

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    more solid buying this morning around 14.5c.

It's just my thoughts, but was wondering whether NWF would be on the radar to be snapped up by one of the larger gen-tailers?

- low cost acquisition cost relative to building a wind-farm from scratch ($40m mcap vs ~$100m+ build cost)
    - self contained generation incl transmission lines, in one location
    - renewable energy
    - difficulty in obtaining new permits
    - Defered tax losses of circa 75m
    ssshhhhhh!

Guru

Going from strength to strength... If fact this is amazing. Well done to board and management.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/312167

Yes, what great results the directors have delivered this year. Well done to the new team and long
    may it continue!

Long Member

managing to deliver on all their objectives. What a refreshing change!

Honestly (sorry blackcap ) I think we'll be seeing a takeover in 2018. The recent NZ Govt commitment relating to Carbon neutrality in 2050 and all the reasons I listed above seems to make it a no-brainer..

Good luck to all holders in 2018

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    managing to deliver on all their objectives. What a refreshing change!

Honestly (sorry blackcap ) I think we'll be seeing a takeover in 2018. The recent NZ Govt commitment relating to Carbon neutrality in 2050 and all the reasons I listed above seems to make it a no-brainer..

Good luck to all holders in 2018
    No worries... I think you are right about the takeover in 2018, its a perfect add-on to some other generator. The new govt will be helping NWF as well.
    Tis a no brainer for me as well, but with recent initiatives by management and future prospects its a compelling case in its own right.
    Interesting trading action the last few weeks too.

I'm considering NWF. A little risky? How does a P/E of 62 make for a good investment? What is the potential for the value of this company and a likely (realistic) price for their shares if the company was to be bought out.

Disc. Not a holder
    Last edited by Food4Thought; 20-12-2017 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Premature posting

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    I'm considering NWF. A little risky? How does a P/E of 62 make for a good investment? What is the potential for the value of this company and a likely (realistic) price for their shares if the company was to be bought out.

Disc. Not a holder
    That PE of 62 is an historic PE, and as such not too much should be put on that. Looking forward I think its the cashflow that is what an investor would be looking for. The company has made a lot of savings in the last year and these should flow through to the bottom line this year so that they may make a profit that is reasonalbe (say PE of 25) In addition depreciation makes up about $2m of the profit but this does not affect the cashflow so that is why I am in amongst other reasons as outlined above.
    Last edited by blackcap; 20-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.