If some one is going please give them a Kicking over this e-mail thing
    BB

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    No e-mail responce !!!:mad:
    Annual meeting Nov 6th
    If some one is going please give them a Kicking over this e-mail thing
    BB
    Yes I had the same problem, even emailed the the CEO! I left an abrupt message on the web site and eventually got a response. I told them what I thought of there web site and communications!

So now timing my exit!

slow learner

As a few mentioned on this site, NWF have bought Babcock & Brown's share at Te Rere hau for $20.1 Million.

Sounds a lot but not sure how much has been paid for??

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...S=NWF&N=173894

It seems that the shareholders have to approve, OR a waiver from nzx rules could also make it happen. ummm.
    all in all, i guess it's good news, but it's hard to evaluate whether $20.1 m is a good price to buy at.
    i like the thought of all those turbines being ready within the next month.
    thanks for the link Fin.dep. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Financially dependant View Post
    As a few mentioned on this site, NWF have bought Babcock & Brown's share at Te Rere hau for $20.1 Million.

Sounds a lot but not sure how much has been paid for??

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...S=NWF&N=173894
    I would say this is a good move. I'm sure with the seller being distressed they would have got it for a good price.

TRH had a book value of $50.7m at 30/6/08 according to pg 32 of ann. rpt. I can only imagine that this will have increased in the last few months.

weeeelll, in spite of posters above agreeing that it was 'probably' good news, the market is being its usual self according to the times -- full of despond...
    currently the price has dropped to 68 cps, there are 6k buyers and 111k sellers.
    the trend is all downward, and the chart is a no-go, don't touch sort of picture.
    are the fundamentals strong enough to look forward to the time when its future is surely bright?
    follow-up question, when is the time that its future is surely etc...

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by scamper View Post
    weeeelll, in spite of posters above agreeing that it was 'probably' good news, the market is being its usual self according to the times -- full of despond...
    currently the price has dropped to 68 cps, there are 6k buyers and 111k sellers.
    the trend is all downward, and the chart is a no-go, don't touch sort of picture.
    are the fundamentals strong enough to look forward to the time when its future is surely bright?
    follow-up question, when is the time that its future is surely etc...
    NWF is a good long term investment, in time should be a good yield investment but ATM it suffering from general market sentiment as well as week energy (oil) prices. The acquisition is very positive if the price is right (from strong cash position)? The management are not communicating as usual which is my concern with this company (plus the crap web site) and market seems to be agreeing with me.

The best you get out of them is "We wouldn't have done the deal if it hadn't been attractive."?? says it all really.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4786586a13.html

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_on_OE View Post
    TRH had a book value of $50.7m at 30/6/08 according to pg 32 of ann. rpt. I can only imagine that this will have increased in the last few months.
    Good stuff k-o-o,so they've paid $20m for sométhing that according to their own books is worth at least $50m plus they now have total control of the asset. As long as the fundamentals haven't changed which I think is the tone of recent comments, it certainly looks like they have bought well. Plus its less risky investing in something that is a known quantity that they already have a stake in and can grow faster.

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by Rif-Raf View Post
    Good stuff k-o-o,so they've paid $20m for sométhing that according to their own books is worth at least $50m plus they now have total control of the asset. As long as the fundamentals haven't changed which I think is the tone of recent comments, it certainly looks like they have bought well. Plus its less risky investing in something that is a known quantity that they already have a stake in and can grow faster.
    Quite right Rif-Raf/K o o just found this to back you up...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Market-update...ID=83418#video