sharetrader
Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
    I just joined you.
    At a 5 year high now

Up 7% today will be interesting to see if it continues or people are getting over excited at the first dividend. Still pretty light volume

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Up 7% today will be interesting to see if it continues or people are getting over excited at the first dividend. Still pretty light volume
    For NWF which trades infrequently at best, this is a huge volume and turnover day. Be lucky to have 2 trades on a normal day. Highest daily volume today in the last year as well.

Pleased I decided to top up at 12.5 yesterday and brought my avg down to 20 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Pleased I decided to top up at 12.5 yesterday and brought my avg down to 20 cents.
    Do you think it has a chance of getting to 20 cents grimy? What are your long term thoughts on this one? Interested to hear considering you've been a holder from the beginning and obviously have a lot of knowledge about the industry.

No particular knowledge about the industry (if I did I probably wouldn't have got in in the first place!). I originally bought in as I like investments with an environmental aspect, and I'm a sucker for home-grown technology-but over the years I haven't done that well with them. I also originally come from Palmy, so had some idea of the wind potential there!
    Chances of getting to twenty cents? Who knows, but if the upcoming payment is the first of sustainable dividends then it has a much better chance than a year ago. A very small % of my portfolio, so holding for interest and the hope that the company really has turned the corner.
    I wouldn't have topped up if the dividend hadn't been announced.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    No particular knowledge about the industry (if I did I probably wouldn't have got in in the first place!). I originally bought in as I like investments with an environmental aspect, and I'm a sucker for home-grown technology-but over the years I haven't done that well with them. I also originally come from Palmy, so had some idea of the wind potential there!
    Chances of getting to twenty cents? Who knows, but if the upcoming payment is the first of sustainable dividends then it has a much better chance than a year ago. A very small % of my portfolio, so holding for interest and the hope that the company really has turned the corner.
    I wouldn't have topped up if the dividend hadn't been announced.
    Grimy just a word of warning. This dividend may be a one-off, or if not then it will be the last one that is fully imputed.
    IF you look at their profit and loss, even with all the cost savings the company may only make about $1million of profit which is quite rich for a company with a market cap in excess of $30m. But, cashflow may be about $3 million because the depreciation of about $2million is very high and that is why I am in.
    What it does go to show though, $150 million pumped into a company that only produces about $1m of profit per annum... wind technology is not economically viable.

Thanks blackcap. Certainly a small player in a part of the power industry that has its challenges. A very small part of my holdings and I stay forever optimistic.........If I'd bought more at five and a half cents like I did in 2014 I'd be happier!

Long Member

edged back nicely into the 13c range. A pragmatic approach to noise complaints underpins managements new direction and strategy. Seem to be delivering where previous management floundered.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/310979

Long Member

steady buying, reasonable volume by NWF's standards historically. Trading up to just below the 5-year high. Wouldn't be surprised to see a slow and steady grind to 15c here over the next 6mths+