sharetrader
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Anyone following TPI?
    volumes of waste will never get smaller
    Looking at the graph of performance, have to wonder when it is a buy.
    Craigs rate it lowly because still bit indebted
    'The least attractive are Wotif.com
    (WTF.ASX) and Transpacific Industries Group (TPI.ASX).'
    Hi Gonzo.
    I held both stocks.Made great profits on WTF as I got them at issue.I suppose I lost it all on TPI.
    WARNING.Both stocks are in massive down trends.Hold off buying until the trend reverses.WTF have a lot of competition,while TPI still carries too much debt.I would not buy either again.Other Aussie companies I hold may be worth a look. CMG,GXL NOD,PEA,PGC,ZGL.
    Last edited by percy; 28-05-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Put VHP which is NXZ in by mistake,!!!

the graph of TPI reminds me of the limbo dance, has to be a screaming buy soon

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    the graph of TPI reminds me of the limbo dance, has to be a screaming buy soon
    I may remember the song 'lets do the limbo dance,how low can you go?"
    The charts saying and proving "even lower".!

If they didn't have so much debt the financials would be a fantastic and so would the shareprice

A real cash generator but with it's current capital structure many inherent risks

A market cap of $1 billion ... hey thats about what they paid for Waste Management a few years ago ... now there was a share owning

warburg pincus paid something like $1.40 /share about 2 years ago and put in new bosses didn't they, and isn't it a good cash flow business

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If they didn't have so much debt the financials would be a fantastic and so would the shareprice

A real cash generator but with it's current capital structure many inherent risks

A market cap of $1 billion ... hey thats about what they paid for Waste Management a few years ago ... now there was a share owning
    winner69 sums it up gonzo. I have just had a look at the finnancials.ROE very low at 2.3%.Interest cover low at 1.5. A huge amount of intangibles 2.4 bil on the balance sheet.Very weak,still.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    winner69 sums it up gonzo. I have just had a look at the finnancials.ROE very low at 2.3%.Interest cover low at 1.5. A huge amount of intangibles 2.4 bil on the balance sheet.Very weak,still.
    .... and worse still return on invested capital (debt plus equity) is less than 5% .... big time value destruction

The intangibles are the businesses they acquired over the years (some with with borrowed money) .... and such low returns say they paid over the top for them eh ..... and Waste Management shareholders in NZ thought they were ripped off but they got a real good deal

TPI a financial rsik .... probably something has to give one day ..... but maybe some gains the punters out there

percy

Gonzo.
    Article in today's Sunday Star-Times will be of interest to you.Sober reading.
    Debt load nearly twice the company's market cap.possible cap raising 75c a share,asset sales.
    But the real fun,or killer is,TPI's tax arrangements are being reviewed on both sides of the Tasman.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Gonzo.
    But the real fun,or killer is,TPI's tax arrangements are being reviewed on both sides of the Tasman.!!!
    You'd be surprised how many OZ companies are caught up in those 'structured finance arrangements' to reduce tax paid in NZ.

Any OZ company who had sizable businesses in NZ were in on this rort --- great work by the IRD to catch the theiving aussie bastards - the banks have paid up so hope the others do the decent thing and front up as well

Certain irony if TPI had sell Waste Management back to NZ instos and mum and dad investors

All those who thought they were screwed years ago might get the company back at a discount