sharetrader
Page 101 of 177 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1766

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Market not liking these stellar results. Disappointed no dividend?
    Give it a week.. panic selling seems to be a common theme with NZX as soon as a positive announcement is released.. or at least with penny stocks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuestion View Post
    Give it a week.. panic selling seems to be a common theme with NZX as soon as a positive announcement is released.. or at least with penny stocks
    I've noticed this consistently with the few stocks I've followed since joining. AIR the exception. What is it with all the selling on good news? Do they think it cant continue and just want out?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    I've noticed this consistently with the few stocks I've followed since joining. AIR the exception. What is it with all the selling on good news? Do they think it cant continue and just want out?
    Hi there, Markets are generally forward looking. The Chairman did offer caution for the upcoming year. That may have spooked the market. And then there is that many had hoped for a dividend that was not forthcoming....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Hi there, Markets are generally forward looking. The Chairman did offer caution for the upcoming year. That may have spooked the market. And then there is that many had hoped for a dividend that was not forthcoming....
    Good commentary.
    I remain more than happy with the result.

Banned

Great thanks, distressing seeing the gains in the past weeks wiped out in a few days, green turning red.

Long term its great, chance to buy up again eh.

Yes. You have to hang in there.

percy

This week's www.chrislee.co.nz taking stock article, is of interest to us as he talks about PWC settlement.A lot of money.
    Next up the directors.Takes time,but is looking positive for us.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    This week's www.chrislee.co.nz taking stock article, is of interest to us as he talks about PWC settlement.A lot of money.
    Next up the directors.Takes time,but is looking positive for us.
    He really loves auditors doesn't he. Anyone know what sort of settlement claims percentage cut is normal commercial terms when selling a legal claim?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Out to lunch View Post
    He really loves auditors doesn't he. Anyone know what sort of settlement claims percentage cut is normal commercial terms when selling a legal claim?
    No,but to go back to ALF's announcement of 30th August,to get any money, the next litigation against the directors must be successful.That trial is expected to commence Ferbuary 2018.Then the fun starts, if that is successful.
    "The final quantum that Allied may be entitled to is potentially substantially greater amount than $500,000."
    I would expect the fact the auditors paid up,means that the directors will too.Maybe they,[or their insurers] too, will decide not to go to court?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No,but to go back to ALF's announcement of 30th August,to get any money, the next litigation against the directors must be successful.That trial is expected to commence Ferbuary 2018.Then the fun starts, if that is successful.
    "The final quantum that Allied may be entitled to is potentially substantially greater amount than $500,000."
    I would expect the fact the auditors paid up,means that the directors will too.Maybe they,[or their insurers] too, will decide not to go to court?
    Hi Percy.

I interpreted the 30th August announcement differently.

My interpretation of the announcement is that the initial partial settlement, no matter how big or small it is, either in magnitude (in it's own right) or weighting compared to the Directors' potential payout, casts no further light on the Liquidators final position. The announcement then paints a kind of (in my view) extreme scenario to help explain why.

It may well be that getting nothing out of the Directors will still provide copius quantities of fruit so long as the Liqidators dont blow screeds of money between now and when the final outcome with the Directors' case is determined.

I think a settlement prior to court is likely. The announcement stated the outcome would not likely be determined in this calender year, so agreement in Jan or early Feb next year remains a real possibility.