sharetrader
Page 12 of 177 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

First Richina and now this. No wonder New Zealanders prefer housing.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    How does Weldon expect M&D to have confidence in the market. At least this error has probably effected the institutions but it shows how their 2 teir information systems favour the big boys.

Those that knew it was to enter the index received a 20% gain in two days and it would have gone higher but for their flip flop.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

not only that...but according to the article in the Herald ALF was in possession of clearly price sensitive information about the inclusion on the Monday and didn't disclose it.

They were happy to disclose their nose out of joint on the Friday tho.

It also begs the question of what other services the NZX operates to benefit of instituitions to the deteriment of everybody else.

cowboy country!

Gidday
    The information was distributed by f*#kknuckles at NZX to "market participants" I sure didn't get it, I suppose my megabucks in NZX companies ,incl ALF isn't "Participation"

Oh well off to the IRD FIF regime for a bit of light relief (not)
    Rgds

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    Gidday
    The information was distributed by f*#kknuckles at NZX to "market participants" I sure didn't get it, I suppose my megabucks in NZX companies ,incl ALF isn't "Participation"

Oh well off to the IRD FIF regime for a bit of light relief (not)
    echo your sentiments contrarian and its no wonder NZ is seen as a place to avoid..... aaahhhh it makes me want to pull out my hair sometimes. Having seen how it can be done and how it is done in NZ. Its just a disgrace.

Most if not all brokers would have had this update on the Monday. I can get it off my broker, as well as research reports when they release them. I think its kind of amusing that Fran O'sullivan said " big players to make a killing at the expense of 'mums and dads' shareholders."

If big players were buying and pushing the price higher with the index info, and then the price dropped back to 11 cents, didn't the big players get screwed? And the little guys win as they sold there shares off higher?

There are probably some pretty annoyed people in the fund management arena I'd say.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Most if not all brokers would have had this update on the Monday. I can get it off my broker, as well as research reports when they release them. I think its kind of amusing that Fran O'sullivan said " big players to make a killing at the expense of 'mums and dads' shareholders."

If big players were buying and pushing the price higher with the index info, and then the price dropped back to 11 cents, didn't the big players get screwed? And the little guys win as they sold there shares off higher?

There are probably some pretty annoyed people in the fund management arena I'd say.
    NZX has stuffed up on two fronts:

1. annoy big boys by changing thier mind
    2. annoying M&D by showing the two teired structure.

If 1. didn't happen, would it be such an issue in the media?? Buy doing both 1 and 2, hopefully something will be done about 2 but I think it is unlikely.

Isn't it the companies responsibility to release information to the market? And in both cases didn't NZX email ALF about the inclusion and drop out? Therfore is it not ALF's responsibility to inform shareholders?

I also disagree that it's a two tiered structure. Investing is 20 tiered structure, you get info where you can.

Are the broker valuations been posted on the FBU thread insider info? Is the research on the BLT thread about potential sales and future profits insider info?

Agree I doubt this would be such a ruckus if the people who got the run around in this situation were not the funds, funnily enough it might have been NZX's own index funds
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Did anyone else notice that ALF found a lot of support at 10.5. And there was a lot of downward pressure on the price yesterday. Someone is still buying. I suppose that it could be a funds manager who is just a bit slow pulling orders and getting out of the bath after NZX pulled the plug.

Or...maybe, there really is a bottom in the 10c to 10.5c range that this dog can be traded off ???
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 23-02-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Guru

Or someone buying 'cheap' for when/if it does ever enter the index. Based on the NZX comments, it is only a matter of time isn't it?