sharetrader
Page 75 of 177 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Are you sure you're not beating ALF down while scooping them up?
    I have to admit there was a time when I was tempted. The idea of becoming a multi millionaire shareholder with a bit of loose change was quite appealing.

However I came across a P addled drunken dero who showed more signs of life and appeared to have a few more functioning brain cells than the holders of ALF so I gave more thought to giving him my change. On the good advice of fellow forum members I reluctantly decided not to hit the "buy" button.

I have nothing in particular against buying into penny dreadfuls. But ALF, with its 100:1 consolidation has plunged to new lows and now it has hit the penny spot again I can find nothing that recommends buying into something that is a minuscule fraction of a penny.

You're not a holder in Tasman Capital by any chance?

Are you sure you're not beating ALF down while scooping them up?
    A perennial down ramping accusation which surfaces whenever someone is trying to provide some perspective on a stock best avoided.

I have come to the conclusion that it tells more about the behavior and psyche of the writer than the stock.

As you do, you write.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I have to admit there was a time when I was tempted....with its 100:1 consolidation has plunged to new lows and now it has hit the penny spot again I can find nothing that recommends buying into something that is a minuscule fraction of a penny.

You're not a holder in Tasman Capital by any chance?
    Never heard of them until your post. Just took a look at their business. Good Lord no.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A perennial down ramping accusation which surfaces whenever someone is trying to provide some perspective on a stock best avoided.

I have come to the conclusion that it tells more about the behavior and psyche of the writer than the stock.

As you do, you write.
    Not sure what you mean Balance? My comment was all tongue-in-cheek. I'm on sharetrader more for fun than business, but also because I think I have something to offer now and again.

{To Minimoke}... Are you sure you're not beating ALF down while scooping them up?

As you do, you write.
    Not sure what you mean Balance? My comment was all tongue-in-cheek. I'm on sharetrader more for fun than business, but also because I think I have something to offer now and again.
    No response Balance... or is this a case of 'Jesus has spoken'?
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 23-02-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Fixed MultiQuote

No response Balance... or is this a case of 'Jesus has spoken'?
    IRD statutory demand of $3.7m.

Not a case of no response but what else is there to do but wait for the inevitable?

Only people left in ALF are those keeping their salaries going while they try to find other jobs.

Only shareholders left in ALF are those who believe that the government will pump more money into this embarrassment leading to next election.
    Last edited by Balance; 25-02-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Yep, it's a goner IMO

CAML not likely to be very supportive

Not a case of no response but what else is there to do but wait for the inevitable?

Only people left in ALF are those keeping their salaries going while they try to find other jobs.

Only shareholders left in ALF are those who believe that the government will pump more money into this embarrassment leading to next election.

Not entirely true! I am still a shareholder because it would cost me more to sell these shares than I'd receive for them lol

I wrote this baby off a long time ago - one of my early speculative shares. You live and learn.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

I hope you don't mind eating your words if you have to Balance.
    I will sure have to eat mine if ALF collapses.
    One of us is not going to go hungry on this one.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 26-02-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Hair omelet like Jeremy Clarkson did for Top Gear when he was wrong about the Renault???
    Pubic hair pizza from the Dirty Sanchez (who copied off Jackass with a similar theme)?

I must have missed it but it seems like not as single mention of this in the media or have that given up as well