sharetrader
Page 106 of 177 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1766

If you wait until the formal news. The share price will be formal value too I guessed

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    5% of a $100,000,000 is still $5,000,000. That would be a game changer for ALF. Not sure it will be $100m but just saying the potential is big.
    Hi Blackcap
    I messed up my typing on my post # 1049 .... I meant to write max recovery closer to $10 mill.
    Sorry about that.
    -dodgy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi Blackcap
    I messed up my typing on my post # 1049 .... I meant to write max recovery closer to $10 mill.
    Sorry about that.
    -dodgy
    No worries, I'm not sure what the outcome will be either, but anything more than $1m and I will be happy.

The article that was prematurely published appears to be very definitive and specific on certain matters.... must be some factual basis behind it imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    The article that was prematurely published appears to be very definitive and specific on certain matters.... must be some factual basis behind it imho.
    When did newpapers get everything right? Better to take a line from the market which remains quite firm.

I don’t think the newspaper will public so details without any information or knowledge

Just matter of clock ticking

Outside thinking.

Yes patience is needed.

Meanwhile the NBR have published a story that explains the situation quite well.

“The company (ALF) took on the loans (of Dave Henderson’s Property Ventures Ltd.) in its ill fated 2009 acquisition of the Hanover and United finance group’s loan book that wasn’t worth as much as initially thought. It sold them for $100k and at the time said it could rise to $500k, but (ALF) has since said if the litigation is successful it could be in for a larger return.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    When did newpapers get everything right? Better to take a line from the market which remains quite firm.
    Newspapers and the mainstream media in general these days are seldom right. These days, they seem to be all about over-hype, ratings and their own opinions rather than reporting the news.

However, for example, in this case I doubt the author of the article (link here) when stating - "That's the calculation you have to make," Walker said. - pulled the quote out of thin air.

Yet I do think the article is flawed in many respects. In particular where it states - Walker had sought information about the financial position of the directors and therefore any likely recovery from a court case. - I think this statement is a total red herring. The Directors will each have there own PI and PL insurance cover and their personal financial position is of no consequence to Robert Walker.

Also, take the following statement - Neither Walker nor the ex-directors would reveal the size of the latest settlement, although other players on the business scene described it as likely to be minimal. - This is meaningless conjecture... and who are these 'other players' on the 'business scene'? No credibility to the author there in my view.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 13-01-2018 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Toned the post back. Added some more bits.

percy

My divie is in my bank.