sharetrader
Page 124 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1766

I wish they could give out 0.03 this year

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    I wish they could give out 0.03 this year
    Any predictions on the Share Price from here? Where do everyone see the share price in 2 years time?

Outside thinking.

Changes ahead for ALF holders.....

"The Directors of Allied Farmers Limited (ALF) have resolved to consolidate the existing ordinary shares (Shares) on issue in ALF (Consolidation). Under the Consolidation, every 10 existing Shares held in ALF on 16 July 2019 (Record Date) will be consolidated into 1 Share. As a result of the Consolidation the number of Shares on issue in ALF will be reduced from 178,547,294 to approximately 17,854,729 Shares."

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I thought it was positive the shares had been brought back and cancelled, saving the costs of servicing tinny shareholders.
    Good house keeping,which was the objective of the exercise..
    Adding to the above I think the share consolidation adds to the "good house keeping" as it means ALF will no longer be,or seen to be, a "penny dreadful".
    Positive.

It will be more easier for investor to see the earning numbers per share and pe

I thought it was positive the shares had been brought back and cancelled, saving the costs of servicing tinny shareholders.
    Good house keeping,which was the objective of the exercise..
    Adding to the above I think the share consolidation adds to the "good house keeping" as it means ALF will no longer be,or seen to be, a "penny dreadful".
    Positive.
    Yeah. I would currently describe it as a penny stock, but not a penny dreadful stock.

I note the end of the announcement states "... it is anticipated that the price at which Shares trade on the NZX immediately following the Consolidation will increase relative to the Consolidation ratio."

Not sure if this is the case. Most share consolidations I have seen have resulted in a small decrease in the overall market cap. ie. A lot of Mum and Dad investors prefer paying $1/share instead of $10/share after a hypothetical 10-1 share split... they perceive better value for money (ie, $1k gets you 1000 shares instead of only 100).

Visa versa for a share consolidation.

On 16-Nov-2011 ALF undertook a 100:1 share consolidation. Refer http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...386/149298.pdf
    The number of shares on issue went from 9 billion to 90 million.

I recall the overall market cap dropped quite a bit following (due to?) that consolidation,... but my memory may be failing me here.

$0.70/share does look better than $0.07 I guess, so this consolidation may improve the price slightly.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 01-07-2019 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Corrected s word

percy

Sorry, yes I should have written just a penny stock.
    I agree that consolidations often result in a small decrease in the overall market cap,[in the short term]. .

percy

Doing my community service today, I took the 68,054 shares off the seller's hands at 7 cents.

percy

Perhaps it was a mention in www.chrislee.co.nz market news. that has caused the strong buying interest,.?

Outside thinking.

Perhaps it was a mention in www.chrislee.co.nz market news. that has caused the strong buying interest,.?
    More likely news of your buying at 7 cents has leaked out!!