sharetrader
Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Stand by for small notice.. [8D]

Well the company that you should now have small holding is moving right along buying the Mitre 10 Business in Hawera the head office town of ALF,, The store is adjacent to there existing farmers store and will make profits from the word "GO".. [8D]

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Mitre 10 purchase has failed to drag the share price out of it's decline. Even with the amazing profits to be made from hardware in the "town with a tower", I do not see this as a great buy.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Ah Bricks, we seem fated to disagree on practically everything. I don't experience such antipathy with many people - other than your good self, "The King" was the last poster with whom I could all but guarantee dissent.

Here is a chart of ALF. Now, I know that this doesn't predict the future, but it does show that ALF is currently in a steady downtrend with no sign of any reversal - in fact, it made a new 12 month low just this week. It is not good to hold stocks that are in downtrends like this.

As a "longterm hold" this stock has been a washout - the current price is still about what it was 4 years ago!

ALF is too illiquid to rate as a good trading stock, though I do understand that you are more of a long-term holder.

quote:Originally posted by Phaedrus

Ah Bricks, we seem fated to disagree on practically everything. I don't experience such antipathy with many people - other than your good self, "The King" was the last poster with whom I could all but guarantee dissent.
    It is almost as if Bricks is made from the verdigrease from The King's crown.

Everyone got excited that ALF was the next rationalisation of the rural sector in NZ and the SP is recovering from the none event. Add in that they are not having a flash year, pretty static and no little bonus goodies to hike the headline profit and the only hope for this in the near term is that there is a takeover offer.
    om mani peme hum

FALLING to support level about $1.95 going well,, Have you visited you Mitre 10 store of late.. THANKS Mr Chart man for you LOVE note did not know how you where effected by common sense to busy looking backward from where your been tell me when this stock will rise in advance ,, PT go back to your cage and talk to about the price of stocks next MONTH.. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

FALLING to support level about $1.95 going well...
    ...PT go back to your cage and talk to about the price of stocks next MONTH.. [8D]
    Sure thing. But I PRESUME that you don't WANT to talk about this post of YOURS when the share price was $2.30? [B)]

quote:
    Posted - 23/12/2005 : 6:15:45 PM
    WELL a steady year means 16 cents div always a possible takeover but better still there not broke and the only direction is UP,, WATCH and select BUY..
    om mani peme hum

How many food products contain no eggs remain on our diet list, if bird’s flu develop the way it is in Europe? Anyone thought about?

P E-B

quote:Originally posted by Panic E-Button

How many food products contain no eggs remain on our diet list, if bird’s flu develop the way it is in Europe? Anyone thought about?
    Panic E-Button Good to hear from you with you egg bit are you living on a health farm now or retired from the NZX market feel NZ is safe at moment and some time best part Allied Farmers have NO chook farms
    of size EARLY DAYS.. [8D]

ALF aren't chicken farmers. I guess if a bird flu epidemic breaks out in NZ then sales of bird seed will decline? I wasn't aware ALF sell bird seed though.

ALF are probably more exposed to the real estate bubble through the "First National" brand, and their finance company, which appears to be showing signs of cooling along with the general economy. There are more motivated vendor signs / mortgagee sales being marketed these days.

Back to Bird Flu, I can't see this having any material effect on the value of ALF, unless this virus morphs into a mad cow, sheep and bird flu so that ALF have to get out of selling livestock.