sharetrader
Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Guru

It is hard to understand buying KFL at the moment at 1.41/1.43 when you can buy the warrant at .12 and pay 1.25 for a total cost of 1.37. Shows the lack of understanding of warrants.

I was thinking the same thing. Discounted price and no brokerage exercising the warrants makes it a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    It is hard to understand buying KFL at the moment at 1.41/1.43 when you can buy the warrant at .12 and pay 1.25 for a total cost of 1.37. Shows the lack of understanding of warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Warrants exercised today @$1.25/share. Wish I’d had more.
    As new shares aren't issued to 18 July seems very early to exercise warrants - when no point until last day on 12 July - just in case .....

Yeah I know that.

I only had a very small number if warrants to exercise, and had put the money aside to do it, so figured I would just do it now. Only talking 290 warrants so the money wasn’t earning me anything in terms of interest. If it had been large numbers of warrants I would have left my money in the bank until closer to the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Not too Flash View Post
    As new shares aren't issued to 18 July seems very early to exercise warrants - when no point until last day on 12 July - just in case .....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yeah I know that.

I only had a very small number if warrants to exercise, and had put the money aside to do it, so figured I would just do it now. Only talking 290 warrants so the money wasn’t earning me anything in terms of interest. If it had been large numbers of warrants I would have left my money in the bank until closer to the time.
    Wait until they send you the entitlement form justakiwi.

I already received it via email with a link to complete an online form to exercise the warrants. Once I submitted that, they emailed me payment instructions, and I paid via internet banking. Very quick and simple process - no waiting for snail mail forms to complete.

Wait until they send you the entitlement form justakiwi.

Guru

I'll start looking in my mail box then although i thought they did come by email. Cheers.

It depends on what your chosen communication preference is. If you signed up to receive communications by email, you should have received an email yesterday. If your communication setting is to receive by snail mail, you’ll get it that way.

I'll start looking in my mail box then although i thought they did come by email. Cheers.

Today I just received a letter from Computershare, because I am a KFL shareholder.
    It is a Tax Residency Self-Certification Form - Individual.

It says:
    "As a result of the New Zealand Government agreeing to participate in the exchange of information with other jurisdictions under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS), Financial Institutions are required to undertake due diligence to determine the account holders' jurisdiction of tax residence.

This form has been sent to you on behalf of Kingfish Limited.

If you have received this form it is important the securityholders jurisdiction of tax residence is certified. If not certified, the Financial Institution in which you are a securityholder may be required to report the security holder's name, address, amounts paid to the account and value of securities to the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department who may report those details to the Internal Revenue Service of the United States or other tax autohorities."

Did anyone else get this letter? I don't understand what this is all about. I'm an NZ tax resident, lived in NZ my whole life. Why did I get this letter? Bit of a nuisance. I don't feel like filling this form out, especially when I don't know what it's about!!!
    Last edited by JayRiggs; 10-09-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Today I just received a letter from Computershare, because I am a KFL shareholder.
    It is a Tax Residency Self-Certification Form - Individual.

It says:
    "As a result of the New Zealand Government agreeing to participate in the exchange of information with other jurisdictions under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS), Financial Institutions are required to undertake due diligence to determine the account holders' jurisdiction of tax residence.

This form has been sent to you on behalf of Kingfish Limited.

If you have received this form it is important the securityholders jurisdiction of tax residence is certified. If not certified, the Financial Institution in which you are a securityholder may be required to report the security holder's name, address, amounts paid to the account and value of securities to the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department who may report those details to the Internal Revenue Service of the United States or other tax autohorities."

Did anyone else get this letter? I don't understand what this is all about. I'm an NZ tax resident, lived in NZ my whole life. Why did I get this letter? Bit of a nuisance. I don't feel like filling this form out, especially when I don't know what it's about!!!
    Welcome to my world
    om mani peme hum