sharetrader
Page 34 of 142 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear. I meant, at the current price of over $8 I wouldn’t be in a position to buy enough to be worthwhile - but maybe my thinking is skewed.
    I think so (skewed). $100 worth is still $100 worth at whatever share price. If that is what you have to spend it doesn't really matter what the current share price is.

Now -- if you think you can pick a time where the share prices is under or over valued then that is a completely different discussion and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I think so (skewed). $100 worth is still $100 worth at whatever share price. If that is what you have to spend it doesn't really matter what the current share price is.
    That is a very good point and one I obviously didn’t consider

Now -- if you think you can pick a time where the share prices is under or over valued then that is a completely different discussion and good luck
    Nah, I’ll leave that game to the experts

Don't have to be an expert with KFL. The discount to NTA is stated in their weekly release each Thursday and if its 10% or more that's the ideal time to accumulate more.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Beagle - you been doing the old z-score trick for investment trusts ...or is the 10% just gut feel
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

10% is the benchmark I find useful Winner. Its not uncommon for listed investment vehicles, (even low fees ones like TEM) to trade at something of a discount to NTA and Kingfish's buyback strategy reflects that and precludes any buyback where the discount to NTA is under 8% https://www.kingfish.co.nz/assets/Up...ack-Policy.pdf
    I looked back over KFL, BRM and MLN's discount to NTA history a little while back and came to the conclusion that a discount of 10% or more represents an opportune time to acquire further shares but you have to be nimble as you're often competing with the company itself.
    I have some history with investing in TEM too and found 10-11% in not uncommon.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Today’s KFL good news story:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/335063

I’m sure the haters will still not be convinced, but I’m happy

Guru

Large chunk in A2 would help.....

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Today’s KFL good news story:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/335063

I’m sure the haters will still not be convinced, but I’m happy
    I am too. All the Kingfish funds, Kingfish, Barramundi and Marlin are going very well and all three managed by separate investment teams.
    The Kingfish group seem to be thriving under their new ownership by the TSB bank community trust.

Would really like to add some Marlin and Barramundi down the track. Between the three, that would give me a nice little diversified portfolio. And yes, things were going pretty well before the new ownership took over, but they have definitely ramped things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am too. All the Kingfish funds, Kingfish, Barramundi and Marlin are going very well and all three managed by separate investment teams.
    The Kingfish group seem to be thriving under their new ownership by the TSB bank community trust.

Warrants exercised today @$1.25/share. Wish I’d had more.