sharetrader
Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

It would seem, (and with good reason in my opinion), that investors are increasingly comfortable with the performance of the various investment managers across the group.
    Out today the latest NTA and share prices show
    KFL now trading at just 1.5% below NTA
    BRM trading at just 2.0% below NTA
    MLN trading at a 1% premium to NTA !
    Shareholders for all divisions of this group will be looking forward to their quarterly dividends payable on 19th December, just in time for Christmas
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...408/315571.pdf

Kingfish finishes the year with a stunning last quarter performance to outperform the NZX for the year by over 8% giving total gross return of just on 39% for the year !!
    Well done to the investment team. I was very impressed with the lead investment manager when I attended the annual meeting in October 2019.

Disc Hold ~ 9% portfolio allocation.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-01-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...408/315571.pdf

Kingfish finishes the year with a stunning last quarter performance to outperform the NZX for the year by over 8% giving total gross return of just on 39% for the year !!
    Well done to the investment team. I was very impressed with the lead investment manager when I attended the annual meeting in October 2019.

Disc Hold ~ 9% portfolio allocation.
    All very well beating the NZX and it’s own benchmark but ......

.......did it beat the BPI (beagle performance index) being how much beagle made without KFL in the portfolio

Might have dragged down your overall returns - ie diversification had a cost ...

....or worse still outperformed the BPI which means you need to pull your socks up . .....and list let KFL do it all for you.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All very well beating the NZX and it’s own benchmark but ......

.......did it beat the BPI (beagle performance index) being how much beagle made without KFL in the portfolio

Might have dragged down your overall returns - ie diversification had a cost ...

....or worse still outperformed the BPI which means you need to pull your socks up . .....and list let KFL do it all for you.
    LOL - Kingfish somewhat underperformed the BPI but between them, Barramundi and Marlin they add such a HUGE amount of diversity to my portfolio and cut down the workload so much I am a very happy investor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL - Kingfish somewhat underperformed the BPI.
    Arguably they should somewhat under perform the BPI with their 1.25% management fee plus 10% of anything over the NZ 90 Day Bank Bill Index + 7% management fee.

With an NZ 90 Day Bank Bill Index of only circa 1% just the managed fee alone takes over 15% of gains *(1.25 / 8%) if they get close to but don't exceed their performance fee level.

• Management Fee: 1.25% per annum of the gross asset value, with the capacity to reduce in a financial year by 0.1% for every 1% underperformance (relative to the change in the NZ 90 Day Bank Bill Index) subject to a 0.75% per annum management fee. This 'fulcrum' fee structure (where the fee reduces if the Manager underperforms) aligns the Manager's interests with shareholders' and is unique in New Zealand.
    • Performance Fee: The Manager will be paid 10% of excess returns over and above the performance fee hurdle return (being the change in the NZ 90 Day Bank Bill Index + 7%) as a performance fee (subject to achieving the High Water Mark and other rules set out in the Management Agreement). The performance fee is capped at 1.25% of the NAV at the end of the calculation period (calculated prior to accounting for the deduction of any performance fee to be paid in respect of the current calculation period).

I'm getting worried about this BPI index now, sounds suspiciously like something my doctor would come up with like a blood pressure index lol
    KFL's performance of 38.9% was their gross performance before fees.

In spite of all the doom and gloom I see KFL hit 173 a while ago

Probably at a premium to NAV

Thats good
    Last edited by winner69; 28-01-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Must admit although I am exceptionally pleased with how they have performed in 2019 I am not so sure a premium to NTA is warranted ?
    NTA was last measured last Wednesday at $1.6978 and the market has fallen since then by ~ 1.5% so their NTA as I type is probably not far off $1.6978 x 0.985 = $1.672. People paying above $1.70 are "pretty keen"

You never know some might see it as a safe place to put funds