sharetrader
Page 101 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1440
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    MRP PIEs like Kiwi savers and Bank term deposits ...one need to elect PIR ...if the correct PIR is used ALL year then nothing happens ...they are separate calculations from your other taxable income calculations ...ie PIE calculations of tax paid or tax liability dont spill over to overall taxable income calculations . But if your PIR for MRP PIEs is wrong then u can either have a separate PIE tax bill or refund . Eg your MRP PIE like bank term deposit deducted tax @28% while your actual PIR for the year is 17.5% as per IRD then u will get PIE tax refund ...its seperate from other refunds like RWT etc ...it will be simple 28-17.5 = 10.5% of the MRP PIE income for that year
    Thanks I do understand the PIR can be selected - and the rate selected can be changed by the IRD now I believe. While the PIE income scheme is separate from other income tax it is linked in that the correct MRP PIR depends on your total income from all sources.

In simple situations, if someone’s total income is derived just from listed PIEs with the 28% pie imputation credit and no RWT deducted, then if their end of year tax liability is calculated at less than 28% of their income, then they get no cash refund as imputation credits cannot be cash refunded? However if the pie income had been from an MRP Pie with a 28% PIR then they could get a refund if the PIR should have been lower.

if someone derives listed Pie and MRP pie income only. Can MRP pie tax, with the correct PIR applied, be refunded if EOY tax calculation on the total gross income is less than PIE tax already levied and PIE imputation credit? I suspect not!

*I used refund as meaning a credit to your bank account/cash
    Last edited by Bjauck; 13-06-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Thanks I do understand the PIR can be selected - and the rate be changed by the IRD now I believe. While the PIE income scheme is separate from other income tax it is linked in that the correct MRP PIR depends on your total income from all sources.

In simple situations, if someone’s total income is derived just from listed PIEs with the 28% pie imputation credit and no RWT deducted, then if their end of year tax liability is calculated at less than 28% of their income, then they get no cash refund as imputation credits cannot be cash refunded? However if the pie income had been from an MRP Pie with a 28% PIR then they could get a refund if the PIR should have been lower.

*I used refund as meaning a credit to your bank account/cash
    Fully correct as per my understanding ...listed PIE u get only c/f imp credits if paid excess and MRP can get cash refund ...also another difference is listed pie's income goes to NZ dividends section and not Pie section ...not fully sure as its clarity lacking

Investments

KFL has added Vulcan Steel to portfolio in May ....PPH out and Vulcan in !

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    KFL has added Vulcan Steel to portfolio in May ....PPH out and Vulcan in !
    Bugger …probably given Vulcan the kiss of death eh alokdhir

One thing another sector for you to take an interest in….maybe one day they’ll Metro Glass in the fund
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I'm happy enough with that. Another company I was interested in, but never bought. KFL covers a lot of companies I don't have as individual shares.

W69 Kingfish did previously have a holding in Metro, pulled out well nth of $1 per share if my memory serves me before the rot set in. Good call. That's the beauty of an active fund manager.
    Last edited by SPC; 14-06-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bugger …probably given Vulcan the kiss of death eh alokdhir

One thing another sector for you to take an interest in….maybe one day they’ll Metro Glass in the fund
    I will encourage them to add your favourite stocks ...HLG and TRA ...EBO they added and it got the dreaded kiss of death u referring to ....let me see if they can do that to HLG / TRA also ...

So a 1 for 4 warrant issue coming up with an exercise price of $1.37 July 2024.

Pros .. and Cons ?

It would be great to get back to the days of warrants that are actually worth exercising, but who knows where the share price will be by then.

Quote Originally Posted by fastbike View Post
    So a 1 for 4 warrant issue coming up with an exercise price of $1.37 July 2024.

Pros .. and Cons ?

Investments

IMO this warrant issue will be in the money big time by next July end 2024 ...Exercise price will be around 1.37 minus 4 dividends of about 12 cents = $ 1.25

KFL SP in July 2024 maybe around 1.60 ...just my opinion ...so DYOR

This warrants shud add 3-5 cents value to SP till 5th July record date