sharetrader
Page 21 of 143 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Default Seen the light

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Glad you saw the light of day eh Treetops

The discount to NAV still about te same and the share price down to 133 today

Possibly the result of KFL having too many overvalued stocks in the portfolio .... they better start pumping up the prices again with the old retirment money they are getting soon ... or else no high performance fees this year
    Winner
    Must admit to having the blinkers on for a touch too long, they were overvalued. I've learned from the experience. Have liquidated the lot now but found the stock too restrictive with its low turnover. When the trend was obvious I bit the bullet. I am out of BRM as well and watching the gyrations with interest but not tempted. The aussie stocks are far more enticing.

Ratkin
    What you say about the pumping hasn't happened with KFL yet but seems to be with the BRM stocks. AVE being supported as well. The NZ market is too small for Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Treetops View Post
    Winner
    Must admit to having the blinkers on for a touch too long, they were overvalued. I've learned from the experience. Have liquidated the lot now but found the stock too restrictive with its low turnover. When the trend was obvious I bit the bullet. I am out of BRM as well and watching the gyrations with interest but not tempted. The aussie stocks are far more enticing.

Ratkin
    What you say about the pumping hasn't happened with KFL yet but seems to be with the BRM stocks. AVE being supported as well. The NZ market is too small for Fisher.

TT

You certainly had the patienta with Carmel/Kingfisher, far more than i ever did!

Shasta
    If I had been less blinkered and more prepared to explore other opportunities would have done so sooner. Put it down to lack of experience rather than lots of patienta.

Kingfish slumps to $6.1m first half loss

Might surprise those who don't follow their investment daily ...... headlines just like the finance companies are getting ..... hell, is my money safe?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10475135

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Kingfish slumps to $6.1m first half loss

Might surprise those who don't follow their investment daily ...... headlines just like the finance companies are getting ..... hell, is my money safe?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10475135
    CCP in Barramundi just blew up (down 50%) and some of KFL's large shareholdings are looking ill. PPL is down 35% from its March high and Cadmus is well off.

Good on Fisher funds - they sure know how to milk the sentiment (before KFL well downhills) and took in over $200m from Mums and Dads (mostly ASB and ABN Craigs clients) to play in the offshore markets. What is Fisher's competitive advantage playing offshore?

Balance .... plenty of fees eh ..... maybe a float of the management company coming up

Time for Kingfish to raise some money and buy in their own shares, which are far more undervalued than anything in their portfolio.

Mx

Default KFL back to big disc

Quote Originally Posted by manxman View Post
    Time for Kingfish to raise some money and buy in their own shares, which are far more undervalued than anything in their portfolio.

Mx
    At 1.16 low today KFL must be discounted more than 20% now. Haven't been following it. Must be the DOW surely. Will know tomorrow if Carmel has been buying. Does look like good buying again. How overvalued are their shares now. Rak and PPL are down but at less than 20% of the portfolio even if they drop 10% from here thats only about 2cents off the sp. Carmel must have known that Rak could drop thats why they were getting out earlier around 4.80. Wouldn't be surprised if she has been buying. Makes sense. KFLWA have really plummeted. Would she buy them in preference?

Thumbs down

LOOKS like Carmel has not got a seat next to GOD after ALL..

Default KFL 20+ % disc

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    LOOKS like Carmel has not got a seat next to GOD after ALL..
    Currently Bricks, KFL is at a 20-21% discount and was at a 23% discount to dil NAV at the 1.16 low. Carmel is well and truely on a downer. No true believers have stuck by her. She isn't even buying back her own shares.
    Trouble is, Who is GOD at present when it comes to picking shares. NZO holders perhaps.