sharetrader
Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

exactly. Whats the point of buying a dollar for 80 cents when its highly unlikely - given the last year or two's worth of price history - that you'll be able to sell later for more than 80 cents...

The point is that at 80 %, you are essentially getting "free" management services, and quality management is more likely to grow the 80 cents faster than the likes of you or me could (thats the theory anyway)

Trouble is I like a more "hands on" approach to investing.

Having said that, they can be a good investment for those people who want more diversity (less risk) in their investments.

Discount now down close to 10% ..... lowest been for some time

What you think will happen now shasta
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Cos im not in KFL it will likely keep going up!

I wanted in around $1.15 max

Disc: None & still watching [V]

You get the feeling that the share price is only at current levels ($1.21) because KFL are heavily buying back their own stock.

When the wallet is put away could we expect a fall?

Partly the price is up due to the buying back but perhaps they must have benefitted from the WAM price being confirmed. KFL should be getting a nice pile of cash from that. What better than to continue buying back if there is no obvious replacement for WAM? Previous comments about buying the individual shares rather than KFL. In my case I would wasted Brokerage fees and only had small amounts of cash to buy so rather than gamble on my lack of share picking expertise I chose GPG and KFL thanks to advise from this site. Shares KFL seemed to hold were picked regularly in the PT's game. Bought in at 93 and 102 when they were discounted around 20% in KFL and 201 in GPG. Thanks guys. I should have bought some warrants in hindsite but they seem overpriced now?

Need to consider what Dunne/Cullen are upto with this stock. Could be that you may be asked to pay tax on gains?

quote:Originally posted by burtsboy

Need to consider what Dunne/Cullen are upto with this stock. Could be that you may be asked to pay tax on gains?
    No more so for this stock than any other hidden agenda to bring in capital gains tax in NZ.

Guru

quote:Originally posted by Havoc

quote:Originally posted by burtsboy

No more so for this stock than any other hidden agenda to bring in capital gains tax in NZ.
    I think the new rules will confirm that they dont pay "CGT" on long held NZ shares.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

NAV just keeps creeping up $1.73/$1.37 Gap of around 25c below diluted NAV
    Well done Carmel - you're delivering