sharetrader
Page 72 of 144 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by epower View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what the pros and cons are of investing in KFL via a broker vs going direct to fisher funds and investing in their NZ growth fund?
    I don't think you can invest directly with Fisher Funds for their listed funds like Kingfish?

https://kingfish.co.nz/investor-centre/how-do-i-invest

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I don't think you can invest directly with Fisher Funds for their listed funds like Kingfish?

https://kingfish.co.nz/investor-centre/how-do-i-invest
    https://fisherfunds.co.nz/funds-and-...nd-growth-fund

This is what poster was referring to.

Probably not much difference other than Fisher Funds you need $500k minimum is it? im sure ive read that.

also the listed funds trade at a premium so need to factor that in. but you do get free warrents and can reinvest dividends at a discount.

Maybe easier to buy and sell on market? not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Probably not much difference other than Fisher Funds you need $500k minimum is it? im sure ive read that.

also the listed funds trade at a premium so need to factor that in. but you do get free warrents and can reinvest dividends at a discount.

Maybe easier to buy and sell on market? not sure.
    It’s $2000 minimum and/or $100 per month.

Warrants I suppose no different than simply putting a lump sum into their managed fund.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by epower View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what the pros and cons are of investing in KFL via a broker vs going direct to fisher funds and investing in their NZ growth fund?
    They are looked after by the same management team. But there are some differences in the Fisher NZ Growth Fund elements and the listed Kingfish as can be seen in my post here:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post956476

There are no warrants associated with Fisher NZ Growth fund, and no dividends IIRC. But you could sell off a small proportion of your Fisher NZ Growth Fund each year if you wanted to get an income from them! That is effectively what Kingfish do, to give shareholders their 'dividend stream' each year.

Another difference is that if you sell or buy shares in the Fisher Growth Fund , those transactions will always be at asset backing. By contrast Kingfish shares may trade noticeably above or below asset backing based on market sentiment.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 07-03-2023 at 06:12 PM. Reason: of -> off
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Investments

There is massive tax advantage of listed PIEs ...check that out on IRD website ...KFL is a listed PIE

Also portfolio is not exactly the same ...KFL doesn't have SERKO and XERO

KFL has many advantages over NZ Growth fund if u looking for regular hassle free income ...with no ambiguity about tax status ...as all payments from KFL are fully final tax paid and no need include in IR3 if its not advantageous to u to do so

For growth u can choose DRP option and get added shares at 3% discount every qtr ...

Warrants are like Bonus which can be sold in the market if not looking to exercise them

Most of the time KFL trades just below NAV but has T+2 liquidity of stocks but u need pay brokerage on KFL trades both ways ...

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    There is massive tax advantage of listed PIEs ...check that out on IRD website ...KFL is a listed PIE
    Unlisted PIEs have the the same tax advantage and Fishers NZ Growth Fund is one of those.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    They are looked after by the same management team. But there are some differences in the Fisher NZ Growth Fund elements and the listed Kingfish as can be seen in my post here:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post956476

There are no warrants associated with Fisher NZ Growth fund, and no dividends IIRC. But you could sell of a small proportion of your Fisher NZ Growth Fund each year if you wanted to get an income from them! That is effectively what Kingfish do, to give shareholders their 'dividend stream' each year.

Another difference is that if you sell or buy shares in the Fisher Growth Fund , those transactions will always be at asset backing. By contrast Kingfish shares may trade noticeably above or below asset backing based on market sentiment.

SNOOPY
    Excellent thank you very much

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Unlisted PIEs have the the same tax advantage and Fishers NZ Growth Fund is one of those.

SNOOPY
    " What makes listed PIEs different to multi-rate PIEs?

Unlike distributions from multi-rate PIEs, dividends paid by listed PIEs are taxable, and are not taxed at your PIR. Listed PIE dividends often include tax credits such as imputation credits, which are calculated based on a 28% tax rate. So even though you don’t need to include listed PIE dividends in your tax return, if your tax rate is less than 28% you can choose to report this income on your tax return in order to claim the excess tax credits. "

Investments

Who is so desperate to get out of KFL today and recently too ....Normally its pretty buoyant before going ex dividend but today was very special ...huge volumes and relentless selling much below NAV ....maybe someone knows something or just switching investments ??