sharetrader
Page 83 of 150 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    I was a shareholder in Wellington Drive way, way, way, before 2001.

What ever shenanigans have gone on since then I have no idea..
    Was that WDT occupying a shell that didn't work out, or from when WDT actually listed?

Advanced Member

From memory.. The head honcho was called .. Green. Russell I think.

Advanced Member

Bought them from Jordan Sandman and Smythe ( Sharebrokers )..

Listed on the Exchange. in the NZ Herald.
    Last edited by janner; 08-05-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Advanced Member

Manufacturing the same type of products as today..

Believe me ... If Percy is senile .. I am not .. ( Sorry Perc ).. :-))))

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Was that WDT occupying a shell that didn't work out, or from when WDT actually listed?
    There's plenty of examples of company's who reverse listed into a failed shell and shareholders in the previously failed companies who bemoan their failed investments while taking it out on the current incumbent who have nothing to do with the past occupiers of the listing.

Is WDT one of those?

Membaa

1000% gains in two years, hard to argue with that, unless one has a chip on their shoulder. Seems a few do though.

percy

I think they were spun out of a property company that owned The Magistic building in Wellington.Maybe Ken Weekley was involved.Maybe even as far back as 1987.Can't remember whether Enzed was another company from the same stable.
    Ross Green was the man Janner was thinking of.Ex broker Ray Thompson was a director,as was Sean Beck.They were traded for a long time on Sharmart in the 1990s.. Think it changed name to Aorangi,then Wellington Drive,then Cadac,and then back to WDT.At one stage they tried producing motors in the USA,Connecticut comes to mind.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by huds View Post
    Anna, theres a couple of threads already on WDT outling the company. I don't think starting a new one is fooling anyone... woof woof
    Posted 17-12-2005.
    Maybe time for another new thread.?

Advanced Member

There's plenty of examples of company's who reverse listed into a failed shell and shareholders in the previously failed companies who bemoan their failed investments while taking it out on the current incumbent who have nothing to do with the past occupiers of the listing.

Is WDT one of those?
    Very possible Baa Baa. However.. producing the same products ??

Membaa

Is WDT one of those?
    No point in dragging up the past if it has no relevance to the present. 1000% gains in two-years, who doesn't want a piece of that! Except disgruntled prior shareholders in companies that failed and took their money with it, but have no, zero relevance to the incumbent (WDT) who holds the listing today.

Some people cling to things, usually the negatives as those feelings last longer. Others have no history, they just do their investing and trading on the current circumstances.

1000% gains in two-years. Probably hard to to reconcile that if one was burnt in the dark ages before WDT even existed. Blinded by previous company failures is no reason to slag the current incumbent of an NXZ listing.