sharetrader
Page 16 of 150 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by PGL View Post
    Duncan, your opinion is as good as anyone's and you have every right to it IMHO

It just occurred to me that this particular news release would give you pause for thought.

You have told us that we shouldn't invest in NZ manufacturing companies because the Chinese would be more competetive at this (so no FPA for you - fair enough I say)

You have also told us not to invest in WDT because the chinese will steal the patents and out-compete for the same product (also it seems, the MD "gets paid too much" whatever that means)

So what do you think of the fact that WDT can sell their technology into the Chinese market and clip the ticket on the way through? - I think that this is pretty cool.

Cool (and clever, you would have to admit) because the Chinese manufacturer that has sole distribution rights in China will know,and will be able to enforce (in a way that no western company could ever hope to) how to prevent its rights from being ripped off by the Chinese.

Did you notice how low the volume of rights trading in WDT was - barely 1% of shareholders chose to sell their rights, choosing instead to stump up with the extra cash - are they all fools in your opinion?
    PGL wrote that on 22-12-2005 when i think the share price was in the forty cent region. The share price is 16c today, so what went wrong?. The company at that stage was being bled dry by over paid management who seemed more interested in feathering their own nests than rolling their sleeves up and getting on with it. Promise after promise real pie in the pie stuff with the share holders being asked to fork over more money.
    it seems this company will always make a profit next year, but never this year. I wonder how much money they have to make for the gullable long term share holders to even get their money back. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    PGL wrote that on 22-12-2005 when i think the share price was in the forty cent region. The share price is 16c today, so what went wrong?. The company at that stage was being bled dry by over paid management who seemed more interested in feathering their own nests than rolling their sleeves up and getting on with it. Promise after promise real pie in the pie stuff with the share holders being asked to fork over more money.
    it seems this company will always make a profit next year, but never this year. I wonder how much money they have to make for the gullable long term share holders to even get their money back. Macdunk
    I think the global economic crisis happened which has effected the share price much more than bad decisions and slow progress. In the last 52 week period WDT's share was at 40 cents. For the first part of the crisis it help up pretty well, but collapsed when the rights issue was announced.

Obviously buying WDT five or even one year ago wasn't a great idea...with hindsight.

But that last line applies to most shares. While some sold their entire portfolio before the crisis and collapse of share prices globally most didn't.

Long term holders will need to be patient to get their money back, but so will those who held Telecom shares which were once thought of as one of the most solid stocks in our market. Not everyone would have agreed with that claim, but the market as a whole did.

Dunc, do you think they have moved on from pie in the sky thinking? Have you bought any or will you be buying any any time soon?

Advanced Member

We are not debating the general market only a particular companies progress to profitability. The promises made then with the benefit of later hindesight the result. We all know the market crashed some of us were wise enough to predict it, others had no escape plan and followed it down. The point being, read back at what was said in the past, with all the blue eyed brigade expectations over the years, then ask your self what has changed?.
    The past is the past, the company dithered about in the good times bleeding the investors promising those elusive profits the following year.
    Now that the bad times are upon us, the only thing that has changed is the market in general.
    All manufacturing companies will only operate in slave labour countries in the future as i predicted, with patents not worth the paper they are printed on. Factories are relocating overseas, we import chinese replica engines of honda for an example in beach buggies.
    What makes you think WDT electric motors will be the exception?. If patents were worth the paper they were printed on why does NZ import replica fakes. The company should have been running at a profit years ago, read back at their promises with an open mind before filling the troughh. Macdunk

Smile Wdt

Gullable long time holders would have an entry price below present share price taking up all the rights issues over the years. The company has a manufacturing site in Auckland and two in China a logistic manufacturing center in Singapore, sales teams and logistic centers in North America and Europe. New designed products are being introduced to the market. The risk of patents being copied is the same for any succesfull product manufacturer. To create a succesfull product and brand takes many years. I belive it took Microsoft 25 years to get where they are today
    Bosse

Well I"m pretty new to share trading, but I like the look of WDT. They have a great product and it seems like they can go only go up up up from here. I've got 30000 @ .15 and I'm just looking to put them away for 10 years or so.

tsb

They say they willmake a profit next year

Looks like a high tight flag to me. I doubt you'll have to wait 10 years.
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Wellington’s revised trading outlook continues to demonstrate growth, with projected revenue of NZ $10.5m for the six months to 30 June 2009. The revised, interim revenue projection is 60% higher than revenue reported for the prior corresponding period, and is lower than the existing Prospectus projection of NZ15.6m, as issued on 9 January 2009.

Noting the revised interim projection, and taking into account recent demand estimates from major customers, Wellington has revised its revenue outlook for the 12 months to 31December 2009 to NZ $33.7m. The revised, full-year revenue projection is 130% higher than revenue reported for the twelve months to 31 December 2008, however, it is less than the Prospectus projection of NZ$40.0m.

Expected second half revenues remain largely in line with Prospectus projections.

You have to wonder if they know whats going on if the numbers they issued a few months ago for the current half year are so far out when it comes down to reality .... jeez they were already in the half when the prospectus was issued

Never mind all back on track for the 2nd half year .... yeah right

any of you guys going to the AGM ? I"d like to see how they'd reply to some of these comments...