sharetrader
Page 42 of 150 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Whoo - up another .002, now if we keep this up it'll be at 10c in oooh about 38 weeks allowing for .002 gain per week.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Quote Originally Posted by RazorX View Post
    Whoo - up another .002, now if we keep this up it'll be at 10c in oooh about 38 weeks allowing for .002 gain per week.
    Sweet!!! That would be a nice xmas pressy!!

Must be one of the top performing stocks on NZX for the year to date. Has it outperformed everything in the NZ50? Surely it can't continue. At this rate long term shareholders will be breaking even in about . . .

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Hardly an inspiring performance - it may just be that Dr Green's a mediocre media-frontsperson but he seems devoid of any real spark or enthusiasm - this has all the hallmarks of a board initiative to mollify disgruntled shareholders, rather than a genuine management-led bid for custom.

The EMA20 (weekly chart) prior to the recent successful capital raising was around the 7c mark. At 1:1 with a rights exercise price of 1.25c this suggests that if there was any real condfidence in the co. the sp might have been expected to quickly move back to around 4c - it's now at half of that.

My suggestion: suspend Dr Green's overly-generous salary and pay him in options instead. Good for 12 months (after which they expire) with a strike price somewhere north of 4c per share.

Discl: I hold

I second that V........I didnt buy into this sad story and will wait as the share price retracts further before any thoughts of averaging down.......im looking for sub 1c. HOLDER
    Have a Gr8day.

Have read the report. Good to see they have some new faces that seem to come from good backgrounds. Looks like ventilation is not doing well and I suggest they set up their own brand as currently they are running around trying to keep customers happy who are just screwing them into the ground. Better to compete with them using your own superior end product.

Apart from that not much seems to have changed. It seems to be a large learning exercise at the moment as kiwi business people get reamed by smarter offshore business people. Time for WDT to grow some balls and step up and stop bending over at every silly demand. They have a superior product. So either they purchase it or WDT will compete directly using better technology!!

Nev .. so the glass is (more than) half full eh

Sup[pose so - loss a bit less than last year they so but jeez thats some loss - and worse than they thought

Net loss of $14.8 million, which despite being a $1.9 million improvement over the previous year (2009:$16.7 million), was significantly greater than expected and due in particular to a weaker than expected gross margin performance.

And didn't they say they were going to get rid of a lot that stock they were carrying - Anticipated reductions in inventory levels were not achieved,

Is this the company that asked shareholders for some more capital a few weeks ago .... might need some more eh

There goes my chance of winning Lizards competition with my dogs of the NZX entry

There was this Indian trader who had a sack of rice .... and sold the rice at cost .... when asked why he said he still had the sack and when he sold that he made a profit

I see WDT had $27m worth of motors or whatever they sell and they sold them for $28m .... hey thats better than the Indian trader (unless he got heaps for his sack)

Not a new trend because the year before thet had $21 of stuff they sold for $22m

So over the last 2 years sold $48m of stuff for $$50m .... good one eh when you think that it cost them another $34m to make the sales

No wonder they keep on going back to shareholders

Share Collector

Yep, a -2.3% gross margin in the second half. Pretty amazing that they can still be having this problem after all the talk of cost reductions with scale etc. Overall, a shocker of a result. Operationally out-of-control.

On the good side, the new Chairman gives a good impression. And at least prepared to be honest re forecasting another loss rather than vague promises of profits that can't be achieved... more than can be said for Ross Green, whose version of a decline in operating loss is the more misleading "improved net profit".